on 3 July 2016
I'm already a huge fan of Dr Perricone, having read all of his other books. This book is another star! It will change the way you think about the foods you eat and gives you a wealth of information about the benefits of certain foods and how they can help us stay fit, healthy and well as we age, as well as the impact this has on how our skin ages. Sometimes 'the science bit' can be a bit mind boggling, but stick with it because it all makes a lot of sense. I wish I'd had this information at my finger tips 10 years ago. Highly recommend this and all his other books.
on 11 April 2016
Fantastic amount of resarch and information collected in one book. Every woman should read it in order to understand the process of ageing.
Lots of advice explaining the reason for changes.
on 17 July 2013
This man is a wizerd! Finally I understand the science of aging and weight loss! Forget the other "diets" and read this!
on 25 May 2011
I've read several books about health and well-being in general, including other by Dr. Perricone - like "7 Secrets to Health, Beauty And Longevity".

Altough he's considered a top doctor on his field, and by reading his books you must agree that he knows about what he is talking about. I like and agree with his vision about the need for a single diet for each different person in order to achieve the most adequate triggers for each one genes, and best results for health and beauty overall. This is called nutrigenomics and it is still a field that is in its childhood years - however, it's a promise that may happen really soon.

And Dr. Perricone shows everyone that reads his books that he invests in Nutrigenomics, he wants to understand and be a pioneer doctor in this near-coming field of medicine.

However, this book is more of a book by a Doctor for other Doctors, that includes a lot of clinical information to prove the writer's point of view with scientific foundation.

To the consumer, this book does not give clear and practical solutions, approaches or recommendations. The author may refer to a lot of substances that would be good for an antioxidant diet but in the end he remains neutral. He does not give objective diet plans or products - and well - maybe because it is to soon to take practical benefic of Nutrigenomics.

So, summing up, if you want solutions you do not need this book, you can look at other Perricone books like 7 secrets, or others in general.

If you want to educate yourself and have an approach to the upcoming Nutrigenomics era, you will have strong scientific research (or hypothesis) in this book and it may prepare your mind for the future.

If you are a doctor in this field, I guess this is a really good book to add to your literature...but I am not a doctor so I can't really tell.
on 8 November 2012
I saw this on a well known tv shopping channel but it was a lot cheaper on Amazon, considering it was sent from United States it arrived in good time, book in perfect condition, I have never read Dr Perricone's books before but found this one to be informative and very well written.
on 14 February 2015
great very useful information shared with friends.
on 27 May 2016
Far too technical. Gave up half way through!!! More suited to an american audience where the procedures and supplements would be more readily available.
on 30 September 2016
Perticone changed my life and the way I eat. I think it's the best you can ever read, if you want to eat healthily
on 1 August 2014
Fantastic book
on 31 October 2016
Bit too technical for me. Read it but found it a bit hard going.