on 25 January 2017
I love anything related to Blizzard (Diable, Starcraft, Warcraft), but this book was a bit of a let down. If you have played Warcraft 3 then you basically know the whole book. It is almost a carbon copy of all the short scenes in the game until the Arthas becomes the Litch king.
I don't know why I keep buying these books, i think it is mainly because of the nostalgia and it looks great on the book shelf.

The book itself is made out of really good quality paper and the cover is also really cool.
on 18 July 2017
As an old W3 player.. former WoW:WotLK player.. currently HoTS player and very big fan of the Lich King times... this book was a dream to read ! - it was a bit smaller than what I thought it would be, but being a book that's not really a problem. The book was in perfect condition; I did have a few delays with the delivery.. but this was not a major problem.
on 23 February 2017
this is my favourite book. The story is amazing and you dont need previous knowledge of the Warcraft universe to keep up
on 2 May 2017
This books keeps you gripped all the way through and is full of interesting wow lore! Best book I've read.
on 30 June 2017
A great read, more lore in Warcraft than you can imagine!
on 27 April 2017
Brilliant service many Thanks x
on 8 March 2017
Great quality
on 25 March 2017
Great book
on 12 September 2010
Overall I enjoyed the Arthas-Rise of the Lich king. My criticism of the book is slight but pertinent.
I found the story lacked depth in charcaterisation ( I assume they leave WOW the game to do this for you), but already being very aware of the lore behind WOW, I was expecting this book to back it up a little more than it did. The story tended to jump large periods of time, and not clearly explain Arthas's motivation, nor indeed explain particularly well the obsession that the man became subject to.

This obsession drove him on to carry out increasingly terrible acts, and the reader is left to just accept the fact, and not have it explained that there was a voice in this mans head willing him on . From the point that Arthas laid hands on Frostmourne, the Lich King had control of Arthas, even though he did not initially realise it.

A few examples of how the story "leapt" without explaining itself.

:-Arthas hiring the mercs in Northrend, then blaming them for the wrecking of his fleet to his own men. Little reason for this is given . ( I know the reason, as it is played out in WC3, but someone new to the story may not see it )

:- Arthas returning home and killing his father. Almost no reason or justification given.

Anyway, the book now sits, having been read once ( it likely won't get read again) on my bookshelf. It's probably a better book that I could write, but contains nowhere near the detail and depth I would like to see given to my favourite MMO. Simply an "OK " read.
on 19 April 2017
Great book, This was a great introduction to the character Arthas, I found myself sympathising with the character a lot more in the book compared to the game. The path he ultimately picked and the consequences that came afterwards really had a greater impact. The only real gripe I had is the absolute switch in direction the character took just before and just after he completed his mission obtaining Frostmorne. His soul was forfeit and the Lich King was in his head, but there wasn't really a struggle he just excepts his destiny and goes on to do some horrendous acts on his people.

I loved the start of the book, Golden does a great job at humanising Arthas and showing a different side to him I had never seen. It's heartbreaking and ironic to see a man try so hard to save his people and yet ultimately be the one to deliver them to the same evil he fought against.

Overall a really well written book that any Warcraft fan should read.