Customer reviews

Best of Friends?
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 March 2015
Great read. 4 times now and still good!
on 10 September 2009
What a fantastic read!

A very well written humerous novel from Ms Coulson. This book entices you in from the first page so that you cannot put down, you will just want to keep on reading.

The characters and the situations they arrive in are all too easy to relate to. This book will make you laugh out loud several times over.

Looking forward to more from this very talented author.
on 6 September 2009
I bought this book to read for my holiday....I decided to have a quick look at it about a week before I went just to see what it was like and found I could not put it down. By the time I went away I was half way through! The book is great, tt was filled with humour and all the events that go on in daily life.

I would recommend this book for a good light hearted read. I am eargerly awaiting more from this author! FANTASTIC!!!!
on 23 August 2009
Best of Friends? is one of the best books I have read in a long time.

It is very funny, witty and extremely well written as it kept me wanting more throughout the whole book. It had me laughing out loud and cringing at situations that if I couldn't relate to them myself I know someone who has been there!

This is a fantastic first novel by author Hayley Coulson and I am really hoping there are other novels to come, if so, I can't wait!!
on 11 August 2009
"Best of Friends" is funny, witty, cringe-worthy, endearing, captivating and so true to life. Hayley translates friendships, relationships, break-ups, make-ups and cock-ups beautifully. You can't help but warm to both Nicky and Marcus and the friendships they share.

Anyone that has a best friend , group of friends or quirky friends will relate to this book. In fact, I strongly suggest you buy your friends this book!

From the 1st page I couldn't put the damn thing down.

A fantastic start to a promising career as an author.

This book has it all - a must-read! Can't wait till the next book. Keep them coming Hayley.
on 11 August 2009
If this is Hayley Coulson's first novel then I can't wait for the next one. Best of Friends? is an extremely well written, poignant story of the ups and downs, trials and tribulations, happy and sad times of a group of friends.
All too often this genre of book follows the well trodden path of fantasy rom-com that is the thing of day-dreams. Best of Friends? however, takes a different path - a real-life path which will remind you of your group of friends and have you reminiscing weekends past.
Give this book a read - I finished it in 3 days - it will make your summer !
on 11 August 2009
Best of Friends is a brilliant book, I didn't want to put it down.

It is laugh out loud funny and the characters are so believable you just want to know more about them. You want to find out what happens to all of them by finishing the book but you also don't want it to end.

If this is Hayley Coulson's first book I can't wait to read her next one; fantastic read.
on 4 August 2009
I wasn't sure what to think when someone recommended this book to me - but I'm really glad they did. This book will have you laughing out loud, cringing with discomfort, and wondering how you would deal with the same problems as Nicky lurches from one disaster to another.

Totally believable, I finished the book already missing the characters as if I had always been friends with them.

If you read one book this year, make it this one!!

Great book, Ms Coulson - get writing again soon
on 3 August 2009
I absolutely loved this book! It had me laughing out loud and I thought that the characters were so believeable - reminded me of my own misspent youth! If you fancy a good read, whether on the beach or tucked up on the sofa with a cuppa, I highly recommend this. I read it one sitting and was up til the early hours! Enjoy!

Can't wait for more books by this author.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 August 2009
Well, this is my first time writing a review on Amazon and I'm doing it because Best of Friends is such a great book.

As other reviewers have mentioned, this book is FUNNY. I laughed out loud and cringed with embarrassment when some of the scenes struck a little close to home.

I see that this is the Author's first book and I hope that she writes many more. I would definitely by another book by Hayley Coulson and recommend this book to anyone who likes a great story, great characters and who wants to truly enjoy a great book.
2 people found this helpful