on 22 July 2011
David Busch has a well-deserved reputation as one of the best authors of clear, practical, camera guides. I have used his guides in the past for my Nikon D60 and Canon G11 and consider his associated guide to be an essential accessory to any new camera. However, this guide on the Nikon D7000 is a whole order different from the two I referred to. This is a master reference document, laid out in a completely logical format with crystal clear descriptions of all of the D7000's many features, options and capabilities. I could not recommend it more highly as essential for all D7000 purchasers who are keen amateurs and for whom the D7000 is a significant step up from their previous digital camera.
on 3 August 2011
I made the mistake of buying John Batdorff's book (From Snapshots to Great Shots - the title should have warned me!) but at that time David Busch's book hadn't been released. David's book, by comparison, is properly comprehensive and clearly aimed at photographers who have used a SLR before and now want to know how to leverage the full functionality of the D7000. I have found it an excellent reference.
on 11 October 2016
I bought this as a present for a friend, I have the D300 and D800 guides which were fantastic, far better than the guides that come with the camera, these are almost like a "how to become familiar with your camera and produce great results" guide, they are far more involved than just showing you what the controls are. It explains why as well as how to use settings. David Busch is obviously a master of Nikon cameras. I will always buy his guide books when getting a new body
on 30 November 2011
This really is quite a tome, - a most comprehensive and well written book, - far better and clearer read than the Nikon D7000 manual that comes with the camera. I thoroughly recommend it to all but professional photographers and the most experienced amatuer purchasers of the camera. However, as complete, clear and excellent as it undoubtedly is, it is not, - nor was it intended to be, - a book one might just pop into one's camera bag or rucksack. It is just too darn big and heavy! For such convenience, David Busch's "Compact Field Guide for the Nikon D7000", containing essential information about settings, menus and options in a spiral-bound lay-flat book is the answer. He is an excellent writer of Nikon camera guides, probably the very best in my view. I am delighted to have this book as a reference.
on 29 August 2014
I purchased this book to get more information on the D7000 before purchasing the camera about one year later.
I had purchased this author's guide to the Nikon D90 some years previously and found it very useful as I was new to digital photography.
The guide to the D7000 provided a lot of useful information on the potential new camera by describing both the differences and also the similarity between the 2 cameras, some text covered the same basics but the most of the text covered the D7000's many settings.
In summary this book is very readable where the supplied book with the camera is not, I would recommend purchasing this book in order to get best from the D7000 , the information may be in Nikon's supplied manual , but may take a lifetime to find.
J.A.
on 26 January 2013
This book is worth every penny, I use it rather than the camera manual, interesting tips and covers all working aspects of the camera. No need for me to go into the detail as this is well enough covered by other reviewers. It would be better suited to the new owner of the D7000 but also a good read for those who have owned their camera for a while now.
on 27 July 2015
a very good in depth book, the author has covered all the basics and a lot more, I now have the ability and confidence to use my camera on manual more than auto to get the pictures I want.
I have bookmarked several pages which I often refer to when required, I always take it with me if going abroad or away for a short break it comes in handy for reference.
on 8 November 2016
Excellent
on 4 November 2012
A huge book. I have been going through this book for about six months and I am still only half way through. It has helped remind me of some of the functions on the D7000, and also introduced me to new tips and techniques.
on 27 September 2013
Excellent book, well written and a must for every Nikon D7000 photographer. Quicky despatched and well packaged.
Would use this supplier again.