on 2 February 2017
This is a very strange edition which is illustrated with pictures that would seem to be more appropriate to Robinson Crusoe. Has someone at the publishers (Amazon) slipped up?
on 29 May 2017
The book I received was nothing like in the description: thin, flimsy, with tiny black-and-white illustrations, more a cheap brochure than a book. Overall looked like made by lazy children in a rush and on no budget.
on 27 July 2016
Utterly appalling copy. Clearly printed off the Internet. Font sizes change from page to page, constant adverts for an audio version of the book (which I suspect would be preferable), pictures which bizarrely seem to have come from a photocopied print of Robinson Crusoe and have nothing to do with Alice. Not to mention the way sentences end on a page and then don't carry on on the next one. If you want to buy somebody a joke book then buy this. You can both then laugh at the poor quality of this product. Otherwise avoid. And please don't buy this version as a present for a child. They will be gutted. And it's apparently printed by... Amazon. Well done. Poor quality all round.
on 5 August 2015
Disappointing to discover that The Hunting of the Snark not only lacked its illustrations (which add considerably to the poem) but was incomplete, lacking the two final 'fits' - absolutely crucial!
on 28 July 2016
The reviews of this I read seem to refer to another edition completely. Perhaps the kindle version. Do not buy this as in the printed form at least it is really not a proper book and 100% disappointing. Thin and flimsy, it has no illustrations and the tile of the book is even mis-spelled on the cover - "Alice adventures" instead of Alice's Adventures. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is actually a great book, just don't buy this edition of it.
on 14 December 2016
This is a review for the Japanese translation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland without illustrations; produced by Onyx Translations.

Firstly, it appears all the book reviews are placed together; regardless of who published it or in what language. Please bear that in mind.

I bought this as a gift for a friend who loved the original English version. This is an appalling translation, full of mistakes. It reads badly and is of no use for language students, wishing to improve their skills.

I do not recommend this product.
on 14 November 2016
This arrived today and I have to say that I was appalled by the product. The font is horrible (typewriter style print), the moment I opened it I felt like I was staring at a boring textbook. FYI I bought the Paperback Version. It is extremely poorly written. There are no page numbers, no indication when the first story begins, the text is just consistent from page to page.

DOT NOT BUY, STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!!!
on 5 November 2015
I read this because i didn't as a child and friends often talk about it with great admiration saying it's not just a book for children but also for adults. I love art parties, surrealism and weird quirky stuff so I thought I would most certainly appreciate Alice, but i just found it kind of fun but not exactly amazing. Like, it basically just exploits a binary trope of small/large, known/unknown for comic effect and that's it.
I remembered that my parents did try to read it to me as a child but that I wouldn't let them get through the story, I found it so boring I left the room every time they read it to me and they soon gave up. People don't change, I guess. But I'm definitely not any more drawn to any mad hatter parties than i was before...
on 30 November 2016
Very poor. Described as "annotated" but the annotations [1], [2], etc are not linked to any notes whatsoever so you're left with an incomplete semi-draft version of Alice in Wonderland.
on 3 March 2014
This is a sequel to Alice in Wonderland, and unlike most sequels it is better than the first. This time we are told right at the start that Alice is dreaming, and the interest of the dream carries our interest as she climbs through the mirror on the mantel-piece finds everything back to front.
The style is polished and the plot coherent as Alice travels across a chess board country with the aim of becoming a Queen. En route she meets a number of fascinating characters, and some of the best nonsense verse in the English language.
It is a child's book, but the quality of the writing and the concepts (Carroll was a mathematician) make it a good relaxing read for adults too.
It's nicely laid out and as a bonus it doesn't cost much.