TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 26 December 2014
As soon as I saw this book in my bookshop, I was instantly drawn to it. The design of the book is fantastic; the binding is a vibrant red and the edges of the pages are decorated with silver. The suggestion of black and white illustrations, as seen on the cover, also caught my attention. As a lover of folk or fairy tales, I did not find it hard to part with my money. Wrapped up in shrink wrap, I proudly took it home, eager to open it up and plunge into Arthur's world.

Instantly, as soon as I started to read, I realised that unfortunately the reading experience was not going to live up to the expectations I had. The stories have been recreated in very old language. Whilst I realise that this would be truer to the stories as a whole, as they were created so long ago, so in a way it does make the book more authentic, however if you were thinking of buying this to either read to children, or for children to read themselves, you may want to consider this. Unfortunately, it makes the book almost unreadable and this is such a shame given the visual impact of the book.
on 31 December 2012
Good quality, great value for the price tag. Nice sturdy book, looks well with the rest of my books, strong spine, pages are very crisp which leads to good contrast with the ink
on 14 February 2015
Great item. Just as described. Amazing.
on 19 February 2015