on 19 May 2017
Beautiful book, it feels special and would make a lovely gift.
on 8 September 2017
A beautiful book. Bought for my 10 year old niece on her birthday. She absolutely loved it. Would look at home in a very expensive private library.
on 22 May 2017
excellent
on 28 February 2016
Ok, let's start with the fact that these are some of the most attractive books going. Another Barnes and Noble classic to add to my ever-growing bookshelf!

"Jules Verne - Seven Novels" comes in a beautiful blood red, leather bound cover with gold and black embossed design. It is quite frankly, beautifully bound with much attention to detail. Looking inside of the book, you turn the page to a gorgeous print of a vintage world map. It comes with a taupe-gold ribbon to keep your place and high quality paper pages (edged in gold). The text is relatively small, though perfectly readable and it contains seven of Verne's novels:

Five Weeks in a Balloon
A Journey to the Centre of the Earth
From the Earth to the Moon
Round the Moon
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Around the World in Eighty Days
The Mysterious Island

This book is a pleasure to read, I simply have to lay it on my lap and the pages fall open to the right place. It is relatively heavy so this is handy!

All in all, I would highly recommend it to anyone, as a treat to yourself or someone else. You can't put a value on a good story.
review image review image review image review image review image
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 April 2017
Came perfectly without even a scratch, I can't want to read it.
on 22 October 2017
It's Verne...
on 18 April 2017
Beautiful looking book..
on 17 May 2017
This is a beautiful book. Like a Sci-fi bible; I hardly dare to read it.
on 15 January 2013
I brought the book purely for it to look nice on my bookshelf and that it does. The detail on the illustrations and the gold binding make the product beautiful to look at. The stories of course are fantastic too, particularly 20,000 leagues under the sea. Would make a lovely gift for anyone who is a Jules Verne fan. The price on Amazon is much cheaper than on the high street as well, not that surprising though to be honest.
on 10 January 2012
My mum and dad gave me this for christmas, I was so happy! I had wanted to get the works of Jules Verne, but I was not expecting this... It is a visually stunning book, a very nice weight to it! I will treasure it always. I cannot recomment this enough, I will buy more for myself! I have a kindle, so when I get books I want them to be special - like this!