on 21 October 2012
Buy The power of Less by same author it details most of which is in this and more. If you already own The Power of Less then think carefully as it contains little more of interest. If you have never been to his blog do it is fantastic.
on 28 November 2012
I bought this because I'm really interested in reducing the amount of clutter in my life and it was recommended on the Barefoot Living website.
It starts really well with some excellent ideas on how to reduce clutter and make significant changes to our attitude towards acquiring possessions but it appears to then become focused on tidying up via the computer i.e. not keeping lots of paper documents; saving time by using the computer effectively; reducing clutter by having smaller keyboard, screen etc. which is all very well but for me, not the major clutters in my life.
on 18 March 2014
Mr Babauta's books , especially this one, are useful and inspiring. He shares his experience on how he trims back his life to the bare essentials. I am glad I supported his endeavours in a small way by buying his book, because - contrary to many other e-book authors - I never get the feeling that he has been trying to spin out the pages. And most amazingly, his book is un copyrighted, which I find very generous.
on 6 January 2017
Interesting book about minimalism if you are new to the topic. Some parts are way too extreme and ridiculous. I think it could have been shorter not just because - as the author says - less is more but because it feels you are reading the same thing over and over again.
on 14 December 2014