on 24 May 2017
Can't speak highly enough of this book. My 8yo daughter has said twice that she thinks the book was written for her, about her. She gets engaged with the activities and, after 3 years of me failing to help her settle at night and her first 5 years being trouble-free, we are finale getting somewhere. The key for us has been to take it slowly. Do a chapter, work on things the way it says and as the confidence grows, move on to the next. It's by far the best few pounds I've ever spent.
on 12 March 2015
It is great book! It helped my daughter to go sleep!
on 8 January 2010
I bought this out of desperation as my daughter who is nearly nine hasn't slept in her own bed for over two years as she wakes every night and struggles to fall asleep until nearly midnight with lots of tantrums and screaming and crying most nights.

In theory it should have worked but my daughter has a mental block now regarding sleep and nothing will get through to her. It's a lovely book though and at least it helped us talk things through but not a magic cure.
22 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2012
This is the first time that anything has helped with my daughter's sleep problems, so I'm very grateful to the author and highly recommend this book!
on 26 June 2015
Excellent inter-active book to use with children experiencing sleep difficulties. As a sleep counsellor, in the short time I've been aware of this book, I've recommended it to several families.
It is very useful for children with a cognitive age ability of 6 years - 10 years, rather than a chronological age of 6 -10 years, but as parents would be working through the book with their child, they can assess whether their child has the development maturity.
on 10 November 2012
I'm trying this book out with my 10 year old daughter who has always had trouble getting to sleep and is currently getting worse! It seemed to work straight away, but about 10 days in (of total success I must say) we had a short holiday which of course spoiled our progress so we've had to go back a couple of steps. I'm really hoping that this will work in the end, I think it does give the child some confidence that they will be able to go to sleep, but you really have to stick at it , which of course you already know if you're thinking of trying it. I would definitely recommend it, I think it will work for a lot of people. Good Luck.
on 1 January 2015
I really don't want to speak too soon but this book has been a roaring success. I think we started reading it about 3 or 4 months ago and haven't looked back. Some of the methods contained within are things I've tried with my daughter before but reading them for herself has really made the difference. You get to learn a few magic tricks along the way as well.

We've stuck religiously to the bedtime routine (nighttime activity, shift, snug, snooze) and it has worked. I can honestly say that my daughter no longer dreads her bed, she doesn't come down in tears saying that somebody is going to kill her, or that burglars are coming in any more. She always looks forward to snooze where we give her a 5 minute cuddle and talk about dream ideas before doing 'stretch and sink' and 'circle breaths'. After that she drifts off quickly and stays asleep. Cannot recommend it enough!
on 14 October 2016
My 8 year old daughter had been having sleep problems for nearly 4 months, getting up 4-5 times in the night and just basically being afraid of being on her own in her room. We tried lots of different things to try and deal with the problem, but nothing seemed to work. Out of desperation I bought this book, and didn't have any expectations that it would work. My daughter and I sat down to read it together and we loved the book. We haven't stuck to it religiously, but it seems to have worked!! My daughter is now sleeping all night - we now have a happy household rather than a grumpy one because of the sleep depravation!!! Go on, buy it!
on 28 July 2016
Worth its weight in gold! This book has help both my daughter and I, it's not a quick fix and will take a lot of change if you are having troubles, however this book helped explain to my daughter why she needed sleep and why she shouldn't watch TV or use electronics before bedtime. We now have a very good routine before bed, and although she sometimes still has a few issues falling asleep, the nightmares have stopped and instead of going to sleep at 11pm, we've got it down to 8pm. Win/win I'd say :)
on 20 November 2015
Having struggled with sleep issues with our 9 year old daughter since birth I was on the brink of despair thinking I had tried everything until a friend recommended this book. This book is great for a number of reasons. First and foremost it is written to the child with activities to work through so THEY are making the decisions and gives them a sense of control over the situation. Secondly it splits the various sleep issues into different chapters allowing you to work on one thing at a time. Some suggestions were new, some we had tried before but it gave a clear framework for the whole family to follow. We've only had the book a week and we have a long way to go but I am astonished at how well my daughter has engaged with the book and things look hopeful.