Customer reviews

on 5 July 2013
This is just the conclusion from my full review, which can be read on my blog (see my profile).

Barrs has assigned himself a difficult task here, but he has pulled it off very well. There is a delightful balance here of theological analysis and childlike joy in the arts. Barrs rightly grounds everything in Scripture and covers an amazing scope of issues related to this topic while still creating a work that flows well and is very enjoyable to read. As mentioned above, I would have enjoyed a little more on how the content of what we take in, but overall this is a fantastic work. I would not want my praise to be overshadowed by this criticism.

I would highly recommend this book to any Christian interested in the arts or how to think about the arts. Particularly this would include pastors seeking wisdom, artists seeking a foundation, and parents wanting to properly decide what should enter their household. More broadly, I cannot think of anyone, Christian or otherwise, who would not benefit from Echoes of Eden. May we all, like Barrs, take delight God's good gifts in creation!

[Many thanks to Crossway and Netgalley for providing a review copy of this book]
on 21 October 2014
A brilliant read, very interesting especially for those with a creative mind. I was recommended this book by my Pastor and I am so glad to have read it. It has really inspired me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse