Customer reviews

Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 October 2014
One of the most useful books you can read if you're interested in inducing lucid dreams. His formula of mixing Galantamine and Alpha GPC really does work and even if you've never had a LD before, if you follow his instructions, I guarantee you'll have one. Impartially written and very well presented. Highly recommended
One person found this helpful
on 19 March 2017
on 4 July 2017
A good book,
A scientist that can share links to the works of other scientist in the the same field of interest, worth a lot,
Not much water, a lot of facts.
on 9 February 2016
Like others have mentioned this is a very interesting read & has opened up my eyes on various supplements to assist in lucid dreaming.

I have bought & tried everything mentioned within the book, I have a fairly high tolerance of drugs & supplements so I generally double the doses.
Galantimine which is meant to be the daddy of lucid dreaming has never worked for me, even when I took 3 one night after WBTB.
Yohimbe & Mancunian Purian (sorry can't find correct spelling) have defiantly worked for me in increasing dream length, vividness & control.

5HTP which is supposed to suppress REM for up to 4 hrs @ 100mg capsules only suppress REM for about an hour with me, I'm in the process of upping the doses of 5HTP until I find a safe dosage to suppress REM for around 4 hours, I want that REM rebound.

Nicotine patches work surprisingly well (I've been using 21mg) & increase vividity & recollection.

Not mentioned in the book but I did have an 2 amazing astrals using Dream leaf [...]

So if lucid dreams are your thing this book will defiantly help you on your way to more... Probably!
on 10 January 2010
If you're just starting out on the subject of lucid dreaming, I would suggest you are better off reading something by Dr. Stephen LaBerge, such as Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. This helps introduce readers to the topic, advising on some of the things that can be done with lucid dreaming, and gives readers techniques you can use to get started.

However, once you're familiar with the topic and the various methods, and you have experienced a few lucid dreams yourself, you start to realise that lucid dreams can come along very infrequently, and when they do come along, you're either not lucid "enough" or they're all too brief, and so you can't really get the most out of them. You then start to look for a reliable method to really boost your chances, and dramatically increasing the length, lucidity, vividity, and frequency of your lucid dreaming experiences. THIS is where Thomas Yuschak's excellent book comes in!

People have been experimenting with various vitamins, supplements and food sources for years, trying to find what works to boost the lucid dream state. But now, thanks to this book and much research, we finally know what REALLY works. And the discoveries presented in this book are TRULY GROUNDBREAKING in nature. The supplements presented have not been tried, or tried in this way, before now. Following years of effort by scientists and researchers, we now understand the neurotransmitters responsible for enhanced lucid dreaming states, and how to modify them by using various supplements at certain times, in certain ways, and in certain quantities.

All of the results of the research is presented in great detail, in a very easy-to-understand manner, in this book. And peoples experiences, when following these 'recipes', have been almost universally, radically positive: people have reported longer, more vivid and highly lucid dream through taking them in the ways suggested.

But because fiddling with neurotransmitters is not something for amateurs, you need to get this book and make sure you understand what you are doing before stocking up and taking these supplements.

Advanced Lucid Dreaming gathers together all the many years of research on neurotransmitters and dreaming, teaches you what you need to understand, and tells you what you need to take and when, to get the ultimate lucid dream experiences.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to all those with an intermediate level of knowledge about lucid dreaming who are ready to get serious about taking this 'hobby' to the Next Level.
16 people found this helpful
on 31 March 2009
I had been trying for years to achive frequent lucid dreams with many different products and books and although I had occasinal success it was rare at best. Thomas Yushack's book is brilliantly simple and works! Yes it really works!

For me at least this works 90% of the time, and some times has been so effective & "Real" I have endeded up going to work beliveing it to be the real world whilst I was of course still asleep (So frustrating!!!)

It is amazing, easy, and works, give it a try and dont give up after a few weeks of faliure, it will take some time to get used to it! but in the end this (and the supplements) will be all you'll need to Lucid Dream!
15 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2009
I've read pretty much every book on the subject of Lucid Dreaming and Out of Body Experiences, but I'm suggesting that you save yourself some time and read just two books...
Firstly, for the novice, I'd suggest reading LaBerge's 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming'. He's the guy who put Lucid Dreaming on the map by validating it scientifically before disappearing to Hawaii to conduct his LD workshops. That will give you all the basic grounding in the art of Lucid Dreaming and some very useful techniques for inducing them for yourself. You'll need that background to understand and digest Yuschak.
Secondly, read Yuschak. At last, someone has taken the scientific understanding of sleep and dreaming, and developed a safe and simple method for inducing lucid dreams using over-the-counter supplements. I've already had fantastic success with his methods, and my dream recall has been greatly enhanced. This is a direct result of the supplements that I'm taking which boost awareness and memory in the dream state.
Stick with the simple methods outlined in the book (i.e. pop the right pills at the right time!) and you're on your way.
A few downsides. You might need a few attempts with the supplements until you drop your excitement levels enough for them to work - this could mean that you have a few nights of bad sleep until your tolerance builds up.
The only other downside (which has nothing to do with this book or Yuschak) is that some of the over-the-counter supplements (e.g. galantamine) are virtually impossible to obtain in the UK, making them quite expensive to buy from the US. That said, if it costs you £40 to buy a year's supply of supplements that virtually guarantee at least 1-2 hours of unimaginable fun and insight with god-mode abilities in your personal world each week, then would you not pay it?
If the answer is what I think it is, buy this book and the supplements suggested.
Have fun.
42 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 20 January 2010
Straightforward, detailed and honest descriptions of lucid dreaming, the science behind neurotransmitters and their effects on our sleep-wake cycle, and how to utitilize these natural chemicals to increase your ability to lucid dream. Extremely well written, and easy to understand. Would recommend!
4 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2008
I have about twelve books on Lucid Dreaming in my collection, all of which offer a variety of predictable techniques/meditations, which few people will have regular success with in the absence of a great deal of determination (as well as a little luck). This book, however, does away with the need for mental gymnastics, thanks to the brilliant and groundbreaking research of Thomas Yuschak. I admit that I was somewhat sceptical at first. I have spent years trying to increase the frequency of my lucid dreams - and then suddenly someone claims that all I need do is swallow a few dietry supplements!? Of course, it sounded too good to be true. I was both thrilled and amazed, therefore, when on the very first night of trying, I had an astounding supplement-induced lucid dream... and I have continued to have success with other combinations of supplements that Mr Yuschak recommends. Finally!! This is the book I've been waiting for.

As regards the language used, I feel that it strikes a perfect balance. If you're interested in the science behind how these various supplements work (as I am), then you'll find that the information is not only plentiful, but it is also presented in a way that's easy to understand. And if you want a book that simply tells you what supplements you need to buy, then you'll instantly find that information without having to read it from beginning to end (although I highly recommend that you do).
21 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 February 2016
A very useful book. I have read it but haven't put the info to use yet. For all of you that are chasing the lucid dreaming skill the real thing to work on is as Carlos Castaneda said "Polish the intent" find your hands in your dreams. Robert Wagoner used Castaneda's advice and it worked for him. It is my opinion Lucid dreaming is probably the most useful ability one can achieve. It is said by many that life doesn't come with a set of instructions. Yes it does, and you'll find them in realm of Lucid dreaming but it isn't for the faint of heart.
One person found this helpful