on 22 December 2012
This is the perfect book for intermediate to advanced SSIS developers. I have read many books cover to cover. Always, problem and solution books published by Apress are amazing.
Especially, I picked a chapter 'Organising And Optimizing Data Loads'. The author does a fabulous job in explaining the efficient ways to process the data.
He's covered the logging framework really well.
on 22 February 2013
I work with Adam at RAC and heard he had a book coming out.He sent me a chapter relating to some index rebuild framework I was working on and it was excellent; very clear and helpful. So I bought the book... and it doesn't disappoint. It's always good to get other views even when you've been doing it as long as I have and this book is clear, well thought out, well tested and thoroughly excellent, reflecting well the author's capabilities!
I would suggest that, if strapped for cash and embarking on a big SSIS ETL project, get this one book and you'll suddenly be a lot further ahead than you thought!
on 2 September 2014
Big heavy and full of recipes, possibly I should have bought a different book for more detail, but this is not bad.