Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2009
Having worked my way on some simple Objective-C, I decided that I needed a book to help me get a better grasp of the language.

I'm very happy to say that this book was the right choice. It's not for completely novice programmers. However, if you have some decent experience with any other OOP language you should have absolutely no problem going through it.

The best part of the book is the layout and structure. It's something many code books tend to forget. Everything from typefaces to spacing is there to make reading easy and help you quickly spot info. parts on repeated readings.

It's also very straight to the point. No messing about with a lot of theory - this is a practically minded book.

All in all, worth buying.
on 24 July 2009
I really struggled with this book unlike the books in the series written by Dave Mark. I haven't dealt with OOP languages before, but I felt that the writers wanted to show how clever they were rather than teach me (a bit like my old maths teacher at school). However with perseverance I think I got most of the concepts down and got to grips with this enough to move onto iPhone development and not be scared off by classes and objects and setters and getters and...
on 28 February 2010
I think this is a Fantastic Book. Clear, Easy to Read, even Entertaining.
Yes, you do need to be a Programmer experienced in something already, but it does state that.
Got me up to speed very quickly from having previously worked in different environments with 'older' languages.
on 4 February 2017
I didn't find this book very helpful. But maybe that was just me. It might be a good idea to have a look at this in a bookstore before you commit to buying it, so that you can see what you're getting.
on 11 July 2010
Good book and a key link in the series. The pace is a little slow at times, but this will help true beginners.
on 18 September 2016
Quite easy to follow. Good book.