Customer reviews

on 20 June 2015
A disappointing ending to a terrible and unnecessary story arc. Had I not been given the other three books as presents and a massive Labyrinth fan there is no way I would have bought this. The beautiful cover is completely unrepresentative of the inside art which is in limbo between American comic book style and manga, providing the worst of both worlds. All the fan art at the back only serves to draw attention to the many problems with Lie's artwork and leaves me wishing one of those artists had been doing the illustrations. My biggest and probably most pathetic grievance has to be Jareth's refusal to wear a pair of gloves, ever, when he clearly always does in the film. Other than that Toby was bland and unlikable, Sarah did nothing for most of the story (except destroy her reputation as a strong female character), and all the new characters were one dimensional and not given enough space to grow. Somehow it managed to feel both rushed and as if the writer had run out of plot. I just don't understand why anyone ever though it was a good idea, even delusion and drinking paint can only take you so far. Save yourself the money and just type Labyrinth fan fiction into google, it will probably be a more enjoyable read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 August 2010
I read this in two days and wished I had savoured every last page.

Labyrinth is a window to a happier time for me.
I've enjoyed the VHS, the four million DVD editions and the Blu Ray, I've missed the novelisation but caught the Sequel in Manga format!

Return to Labyrinth continue the story set down by Jim Henson and Terry Jones.
Split into 4 parts the tale of the babe with the power and the oddest maze in the universe unfold with complexities and tribulations seen only in modern stories.

They are easy to follow and a refreshing take on how the story could go, had another film materialised.

These comics are best read with the Labyrinth soundtrack on full blast or just playing in your mind, like it does in mine.

And remember, should you need us...yes should you need us...just call...
on 22 November 2014
bought for my daughter she loves it would recommend both seller and book
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse