on 12 April 2017
My 3 and a half year old loves this book. He is really into dinosaurs and has been nagging us non stop to read it to him. He already knows almost all the facts and names. Some things to point out: Unlike other reviewers our book seems well bound so maybe they have fixed that problem (bought March 2017). My son was very disappointed that there was no velociraptor featured, so if you have a 3 year old like mine that pretends to be a velociraptor for most of the day and carries his toy velociraptor round non stop, definitely be aware of that omission! We got around it by making a 'special' velociraptor page and sticking to the back of the book!! Lastly I think my son of three and a half is nearing the upper age limit of this book. It's been brilliant for him but he is already reciting most of the book by heart as there is not much detail on each page and so there is not much more for him to learn from it, saying that he does get a lot of joy just looking at the pictures and I hope that will continue for a while yet, but I think he will be asking for a more detailed one for his birthday too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 March 2016
I purchased this book for my nephew. My son already had the this book, as well as other nat geo kids first big books, and loved it. With it being dinosaurs the pictures are all illustrations - with the other nat geo first big books there are photos of animals. The details are very to the point and include details about where they lived and when, what they ate, their size and interesting facts about that dinosaur. There is a lot of detail and a lot of excellent illustrations in this book. I specifically like that the book compares the size of the dinosaur in silhouette to an adult human silhouette to give a better idea of how big dinosaurs were. My son got it when he was 4 and it is still ideal for him now at 6. I would say it best suits kids between around 3 - 7. Very interested, very detailed - I learned a few things myself! Highly recommended for a young dinosaur fan!
on 19 November 2016
This book is brilliant. I got it for my (then 2.5 year old) twins who were, and still are, obsessed with dinosaurs.
This book comes off the book shelf every day. They love sitting together and looking at the pictures. I've read it with them so many times that they know loads of the dinos names now, and makes me so proud to hear them saying the hard dino names.
Lucky on each page there is a break down of how to pronounce each name, making it easy for you to practice it before telling your kids the name. eg. Ree-oh-hah-sore-us for Riojasaurus.
It's got lots of little facts for each dino, and a little to scale diagram showing the size difference between each particular dino compared to a 10 year old boy (they assume the little figure is Andy from Andy's Dinosaur Adventures so that's cute).
This book has delighted my toddlers and I can see it's going to keep them reading for years.
on 1 May 2017
Brilliant book, bought this along with the big book of the world and the space/universe one. My 2 &1/2 yr old loves these books. Big, bright, clear and colourful pictures as you would expect from National Geographic. Very good how they break up the dinosaur names among the bottom of the page. My son really enjoys learning to read the names. National Geographic do great books and know they will last for years for a great price
on 6 January 2017
I bought this for my 6 year old grandson for Christmas. He loves dinasours and this is a lovely book for him to read on his own or with an adult. It is well illustrated and easy for a child to read. A good choice.
on 16 June 2017
The children love it, especially the extra comments and suggestions on each page to get young minds thinking and interacting
on 26 July 2017
My 3yr old son loves this book, its well written, well presented and full of facts and interesting information. I would say he will be using this book for years to come as the quality of the cover and pages means it should withstand some abuse.
on 18 July 2017
Daughter loves this book! Really informative in small snapshots for little ones to retain information - lovely pictures!
on 30 May 2017
Bought for my grandsons birthday, He loves dinosaurs so I bought two books both of which are Excellant for little readers.
on 9 March 2017
Either to sit and look at it read all the words,children who love dinosaurs will love this book