Format: Hardcover|Change

on 31 July 2012
If your child is in Reception Year + this book is a must for your shelf. Part of their curriculum has been to learn about the world around them. Not many Atlas books are written in an interesting way for children, so it took me a while to find this one. My daughter loves this book and its made many a journey into school. There are interesting facts about each continent and country and plenty of pictures and illustrations. I highly recommend this as an interesting educational learning tool and because its a large hardback book my daughter loves to handle it with care and she spends many an hour reminding me of all the interesting facts and she also likes to find the countries in the atlas on her globe. Cant recommend it highly enough. Actually the images shown for this book do not do it justice.
on 11 February 2014
I should have read the dimensions before I bought this. It is massive. Definately a book to be layed on the floor and read rather than held (especially by a 5 year old).

The content on the book is reasonable and I like how the maps aren't cluttered with loads of words and pictures, as are a lot of childrens atlases. It is well laid out and is very simple yet informative for younger readers.
on 13 December 2014
Shame on National Geographic for publishing a World Atlas for children that devotes three times the coverage on North America as it does on any other continent. Irresponsible and disappointing from a company I thought was commited to helping inform us about the World.
on 25 July 2015
Unfortunately this Atlas was far too young for our grand-daughter (aged 9 years) - but gave away to 5/6 year old, who was delighted. Otherwise this is a well planned and beautifully graphic way to hook children into geography. So would give product 5*
on 18 January 2014
i bought this for my great niece who is obsessed with maps it is a very nice book and a good reference for a young child
on 1 March 2014
I'd read the reviews raving about this atlas so was hoping for greatness. For our family, it isn't.
If you're from Europe or the Americas (or Australia for that matter) and don't travel off the beaten track, then this may be perfect for your needs.
Or, if you're not likely to travel but want to expose your children to pretty pictures of some of the amazing countries out there - then this may fit the bill.
If you have well travelled little people who are genuinely interested in a wide range of countries, then you're probably better off going for a more sophisticated atlas because this may disappoint.
This is on its way back.
on 1 March 2014
My 6yr old daughter is like a sponge and wants to learn about everything. I got them for our holiday and she had her nose stuck in them the whole time. She can read them herself and is constantly saying "mummy did you know....." Very good books and would thoroughly recommend
on 10 January 2014
My kids love it - bright, colourful & educational - what more could be required? I recommend this for any kids over 5
on 29 August 2014
Christmas presents
on 15 December 2014
Have had a good look at this fab. book.I am sure that my 4 1/2 yr. old grandson will be delighted when he receives this at Christmas, it is just right as a beginners atlas.