on 22 May 2006
this book is what most LEARNERS have been looking for, for years,

it has as it claims non technical but informative instructions

that are easy to follow and give confidence AND the thing is it works,I have achieved more on my PC in the weeks of owning it than in the 18 months of struggling prior to the book. Thanks to the author and I'd say to anyone beginning GO FOR IT! it is great truly it is.
on 8 March 2007
We started using a computer a couple of years ago and went to classes and bought several books all of which were said to be "just what the beginner wants" Sadly being absolute beginners we struggled to get to grips with the computer even with these books until by chance we were recommended this book and we're both glad we listened to this advice--the book is an absolute gem and a must for any beginner--clearly written and very easy to understand and should be on sale in every computer shop.Hope there will be a second book by Lynn
on 1 July 2006
This book does just as it says, everything explained in plain english with no technical jargon. A must for all beginners.
on 19 July 2006
Just a brilliant book for beginners. Don't bother with any other books except this author's next book which she has promised to produce relating to backing up your work to cd, digital photography etc.
on 25 July 2006
this book has helped me understand computing to the extent that i can now manage my business with very little help from outside
on 26 January 2007
This book is very well written for people like myself who have never used a computer before. It is easy reading without any jargon, plenty of pictures with step by step instructions. I have recommended people to buy this who are beginners to assist them in understanding the world of computers
on 12 April 2009
I brought this book for someone who had NO KNOWLEDGE of computers and we both feel that maybe there should be a book before this one that goes a bit deeper into the basics. However, having said that looking at the competition it is one of the better ones. These type of books are very much user specific and to see more of what the book had to offer would have helped us decide whether it was the most suitable.Finally now the person can use a computer this book is a very good aide to memoir.
on 16 March 2009
I am surprised how many people rate this book. I have just bought it for my mother who is about to purchase a laptop. There is nothing at all mentioned about laptops, so the info about how to use the mouse is completely usless. The book is thin and there is very little information in it at all. I would have been much better buying one of the "For Dummies" range that contain far more information. Very dissapointing, it would take me around half an hour to just tell my mother all the infomation in this book.
on 28 January 2009
Congratulations Lynn.'Computing for Beginners' has to be the best book there is for beginners in computing, I found everything in it easy to follow. It gives a really good grounding in computing. It is just like having a tutor by my side. I bless the day I found it. Thank you Lynn.This book is EXCELLENT. I Highly Recommend it.
on 23 September 2009
I am retired and wanted to embrace the world of computers as i had heard so much good things (and bad things) on the tele and in papers. This book seemed perfetly titled, so I took the plunge and it is well written, short, but that is fine as it really is meant as an introduction. I wanted some advice on buying, so got an equally good dvd called EVeryday Home Computing, which paired really well with this book. I switch between the two, and over time I hartdly need to resort to using them as I now class myself as a confident computer user. It gave me a good grounding, so well worth getting them both if you are a beginner. There is another book by Lynn Manning, but I have not gone on to that, but I hear that is also good as the next stage up.