on 30 November 2013
I saw this book advertised in a copy of the vegan society magazine, I am not vegan but wish to be so and so far I have found most cookbooks to read like this "adjghakjdghjkagh" in other words total gibberish requiring millions of ingredients id never heard of in tiny amounts and when on a shoe string food budget fancy recipes just work out too expensive. This book is very basic I agree with a previous reviewer, however for a newbie or somebody struggling with food I think it is ideal it contains the basic nutritional info required, basics of cooking several grains, photos of a lot of the recipes and most of the recipes are simple and contain sensible ingredients and not many of them (bingo!). There are also handy tips and tricks concerning ordering out and travelling, its a book of common sense really (or in my case not common at all ha). I am actually off out to the shop in a minute to get some ingredients in to start making some of the food in here!
on 24 June 2014
This book is full if useful information but at the same time its simple. It has information on the type of things seasoned vegans know and virgin vegans may find useful. (For example its has sections on vegan alternatives and what dishes they are used for). Instead of finding the information in bits and pieces here and there over a long period of time, its all simplified in this book. I am a virgin vegan and I have my first vegan dinner party coming up. Out of my all my vegan books I have chosen two of the meals from this book.
on 24 October 2016
Love this book - full of colours and easy to read fonts - very interesting in how she manages to convince u to go vegan without the gory stuff
on 21 February 2015
so easy to follow the recipes
i am not vegan but it is good to try alternatives to meat
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 May 2013
Here's a book with an intriguing, catchy title. Thinking of giving up meat? Want to know what vegan really is? Have a non-eating relative or friend? Find out all about being vegan. This book tells you what a vegan is, what a vegan eats, what all those foodstuffs with strange names are. It also includes fab recipes and there is a resources section too. This book has good tips on ordering in restaurants, what to do when traveling. You'll find meal plan templates, food preparation tips, nutrition guide and much more. There are recipes for all meals. I like the chocolate stuffed French toast or rather the idea of it - I'm not going to eat it - promise, I mean chocolate for breakfast. Lots of protein rich, vitamin rich ideas here and lots you'll want to try.
on 3 November 2013
This book looks so great from the outside, but I guess in this case the old adage of not judging a book by its cover is true.

I love cooking and have a huge collection of both vegetarian and 'normal' cookbooks. I've just switched to a vegan diet and was looking for some advice on vegan nutrition and some recipes to try. Sadly, in this case the nutritional information is beyond basic and there isn't a single recipe that makes me want to try it. Maybe I'll update this review if I ever change my mind on that... Unappetising photography and a high amount of 'meat substitute' type ingredients really put me off. If I'd got this from a shop, I would have taken it back for a refund.

I REALLY wanted to like this book, but definitely would say save your money and go elsewhere.