Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 December 2011
I'm very satisfied with this book on violin and viola. It seems to be a good series, having read the one on guitar as well.The book is a good guide, a good panorama on most things that are good to know. What I like the most is that you find all kind of practical informations, very useful and not too specialist. Having picked up the violin after 20 years I had forgotten quite a few things, from how to use the rosin or how to keep the violin in good conditions. I even learnt new things about how a violin is made, and how to substitute the strings properly.
Together with the book by Menhuin I find it quite complete.
on 3 May 2014
This book is very helpful and tells me anything that I need to know as a violinist. This book helped me replace my strings for the first time and the method worked.

Delighted!
on 12 June 2011
A great overall reference for a novice with good tips on practice tactics and good advice on maintenance and violin add-ons.