Customer reviews

on 27 April 2010
A beautifully produced book that is very faithful to the original Beatles tracks, but beginners hoping for a pick-up-and-play songbook should beware. It is possible to strum along with the chords without being able to read music (thanks to plenty of clear chord diagrams), but arrangements here are far more difficult than unofficial ones available for free online.

There is a perfectly passable unofficial version of All My Loving, for instance, that has six easy chords. The version in this book has 11, most of which are esoteric ones like C#m on the fourth fret. Let It Be, one of the easier songs in the book, still has awkward chords like Fmaj7 that will appeal to Beatles purists and accomplished players but will leave beginners cold.

So, good for serious musicians, but not as rewarding for beginners as, say The Ukulele Playlist Yellow and Blue books.

The full list is:
Ticket to Ride
Yellow Submarine
Yesterday
on 9 June 2009
The book is very in depth. For each song, it shows the sheet music, lyrics, chords and chord diagrams. The book is written for those with a good understanding of music. I bought this as a present for a friend who can read music, but I can't myslf, and so I personnally find it confusing when the tempo etc is shown. However, someone more musical would find this really useful, and the chord diagrams are very clear and readable. The book says that you can play along to recordings as nothing has been left out. It is written for standard GCEA tuning.
The songs are:
* All my loving
* All you need is love
* And I love her
* Can't buy me more love
* Eight days a week
* Good Day Sunshine
* Got to get you into my life
* Here comes the sun
* Here, there everywhere
* Hey Jude
* I want to hold your hand
* Let it be
* Ticket to Ride
* Yellow Submarine
* Yesterday
on 10 August 2011
This book is excellent. It is not a collection of every Beatles song ever written, but there are enough of the greats in here to keep you busy for quite a while. "Shapes" are given for every chord, which will work with Soprano, Concert, Tenor and Baritone Ukuleles (and keep it to yourself, but also with the top 4 strings of a guitar!)
This is not really a book for an absolute beginner, although they could have fun working up one or two of the easier tunes. Some of the shapes are quite difficult to master, and more importantly, some are quite tricky to arrive at after playing the previous chord.

The chords and their voicings are well chosen, and the vocal line and lyrics are included. All in all, a great buy.
on 11 December 2013
A LITTLE TOO ADVANCED FOR ME AT THIS STAGE AS THERE ARE MANY CHORD CHANGES THROUGHOUT EACH PIECE BUT HOPEFULLY WHEN I GET MORE ADVANCED I WILL MAKE MORE USE OF THIS BOOK. I AM A BEGINNER NOVICE AT THE MOMENT BUT LOVE BEATLES MUSIC. VERY PLEASED THERE IS A MELODY LINE AS I PLAY A WIND INSTRUMENT SO I CAN GET A FRIEND TO PLAY THE MELODY LINE ON EITHER A FLUTE OR RECORDER WHILE I PLAY THE CHORDS.
on 6 February 2013
Although the book is filled with great songs I've only given it 4 stars because I bought it as a follow on from my complete beginner's book. This is far too advanced for my level of playing, perhaps in a year or two who knows.If you're already proficient I'd recommend it.