on 7 April 2017
My son loved reading this book again and again when he was going through his Superhero phase. I love these books, they definitely encourage readers, with short, easy sentences but with the thread of an adventure story holding it all together, and adding interest. The cartoon style pictures are helpful too.
on 2 June 2017
Nephew loves this book. He is convinced he is now spider boy. Good read
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 October 2015
Amazing spider man is a Great book for encouraging a child to read my son refuses to read his school books so we purchased this as he is a huge avengers fan mainly to encourage him to read it had a great effect he read and read it and for us it really encouraged him to carry on reading and he is now reading his school books I would happily recommend it.
on 26 January 2015
We promised my son who is now 5½ and in Y1 at school that once he'd read all of the Level 1 books out loud by himself we would buy him all of the Level 2 books. He doesn't turn 6 until July so is amongst the youngest in year 1 and although likes having stories read to him isn't quite as keen without motivation to read by himself. These have done the trick (as did the level 1 series). Think Y1 is spot on for this series of books as he's spent a year developing some basic phonics skills and I've listened to him read this book out and you can see the step up between level 1 and level 2. He's working hard at sounding out the words but some are more complex and the sentence structure develops further in these levels. There's more compound sentences in these and some separated by the use of the comma, so when you're reading out loud he hears a distinct difference in intonation and pace. There seem to be more two syllable words in these ones as well. They're great for any boys or girls interested in super heroes. I'm looking forward to him being able to read all of the level 2 books so we can buy the level 3.
on 28 December 2013
Not much content. I thought this would work for a read it yourself book for a 5 year old. but there aren't many words in the whole book. Too short and only worth borrowing from the library.
on 27 January 2014
Thought this would be good for my 4 year old though did notice the lack of any screenshots of the insides of the book. Now I know why. Some really hard words in there and not good for a new reader. You expect a few harder words introduced throughout the book but this wasn't really thought out. Just tells the story.

Summary: Fine for parents to read to their children but not for helping the children read.
on 1 March 2016
Bought a whole load of these books for my son who loves reading but gets bored with the books his school provide. He really enjoys reading about his favourite superheroes in stories aimed at his age group. Highly recommended.
on 2 June 2014
My 6 year old loves to read these Marvel reading books. He is normally a very reluctant reader, so I'm relieved to find something he enjoys.
on 31 December 2013
A present from Santa Christmas morning for my 5 year old and he sat and read it no sooner had he taken the wrapping paper off! Great for new readers, he managed it by himself, and was thrilled to read a book with a story he enjoyed at the right level for his ability, good value too.
on 23 April 2015
Our grandson loves Spider-Man and Batman and this book is now a favorite for us to read him as he can only look at the pictures.