Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2012
This is a trusty standard guide to WDW, we bought a copy of the 1989 guide for our first visit to WDW, our children were aged 2 and 9 years, we bought updates regularly for the dozen or so other visits we made there. This 2012 update I bought for our daughter who was just short of 2 years old on our first visit, she travels there for the first time with her own family this year. If you intend buying just one guide to Disney this is the one I would buy. You don't need to be travelling with children to benefit from this guide, we visited WDW last year for the first time without our children and still found it useful. Things change quickly at Disney, while you won't need an updated version every year, after 3 or 4 years the latest edition would be useful. Our next Disney adventure, I'm into my 60s now, will be at the newly extended Hong Kong Disney, sadly there isn't an edition for that location.
on 24 April 2012
This will be our third trip to WDW and this book has been essential since we found it on our first trip. It is up-to-date and contains all the info you will need for a stay with The Mouse. It is a lovely book with lots of pictures and makes planning your stay easy and exciting.
on 22 June 2012
We purchased this book five years ago prior to our trip to Disney World and loved it. For any child its ideal they can plan things they would like to do and there are spaces to fill in there experiences. So I thought we must get one for our trip later this year, boy were we disappointed there is barely any change. If you look through both books together, apart from the cover, there is no real difference. When my son saw it he said its the same, I felt it was a real waste of money. If its your first purchase its really great!
on 26 March 2014
If you have bought another Birnbaum's books on Walt Disney then there really is little point buying this dinning guide as most of the other larger travel guides include enough information on the dinning options. You really don't need another books solely on Dinning.
on 31 August 2012
This is the best book for travelling with children I have found. It is meant for them to read but I found great tips myself when reading this.
If you are taking children to Florida, you need this book!
on 14 February 2013
If you are planning a trip to Disney you need this book (or the latest edition). This helps from choosing your hotel through to what to do during your time at WDW.
on 30 April 2013
Really interesting read. Helps us decide where to eat as we are on the quick service dining plan. Printed on cheap off-white paper which was disappointing though!
on 11 September 2014
Invaluable though the Crystal Palace review is faulty as it is not, and has never ever been a quick service food stop on the dining plan.
on 30 May 2013
Another worth while read whilst we prepare for our family trip to Disney. Good value guide book. Can't wait to go now!