on 7 January 2018
Bought this from Lowplex here on amazon. First of all I ordered it on the 29th December and it arrived on the 3rd January! Absolutely amazing service around the turn of the new year. The packaging was great full of delightful paper padding, which could be used for wrapping paper it was so nice! Not a scratch on the box itself. All the volumes fit snugly and they all go back in nicely too due to there being a bit of lift. Perfect gift for a One Piece fan!
on 14 October 2017
It arrived way earlier than expected which was very exciting!
It's condition is absolutely wonderful, I'm very happy with how the Manga's were placed in order (I've seen some complaints from friends)

All in all this is one of the best purchases I have made on Amazon! I hope to say the same about the rest!
on 15 August 2017
Arrived much faster than Amazon said it would. Great series worth a try if you haven't yet!
on 30 October 2014
One Piece is a fantastic series, and in my opinion, buying the manga box sets is the best way to pick up the volumes. You'll be saving a lot more money as opposed to buying the individual volumes. Another option is to buy the 3-in-1 omnibuses, but the paper quality isn't as good as the standard singular volumes. Not to mention holding a 600 page book might get tiresome.

The 23 volumes come in a nice, sturdy box. Whenever you finish reading a volume, just put it back in the box. This also helps to keep the volumes in great condition, which in turn prolongs the life of your books. The box set comes with a double-sided A4 poster and the "Romance Dawn" one-shot (Eiichiro Oda's original mini-story that soon after became One Piece). My box set came in top-notch condition. The box and all its contents were intact.

Despite its length, One Piece is an excellent series that continues to get better as the story progresses. This box set completes the first two sagas (East Blue & Baroque Works) containing 11 story arcs in total. You sail to a myriad of unique islands, meeting many colourful characters along the way (including most of the main characters). There's plenty of action, comedy, drama and a raft of other emotions on display. Eiichiro Oda is a wonderful writer that manages to intricately link together so many themes, emotions, characters, locations and sub-stories under one over-arching main story.

I highly recommend this box set (and series) to anyone!
review image
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 December 2017
Well no, unfortunately Whitebeard's famous last words aren't true but this box set is an amazing purchase for any OP fan, that I can guarantee you!

For the record I'm a long term diehard OP fan, who's been following the series for nearly a decade now and like a lot of fans I got into the series initially via various internet scanlations often with dodgy translations. Back then buying individual volumes was difficult, inefficient and expensive .... however this boxset represents FANTASTIC value for money (~£3.50 per volume) and a convenient and tidy way (the box is amazing and lets you store the volumes!) to purchase and forever keep a large quantity of volumes on the cheap, legally. In fact, I've also subsequently bought boxsets 2 & 3 which take me to the timeskip and I'm eagerly waiting for boxset 4 covering the early parts of the New World.

I'm not going to moralise or criticise people who prefer to read scanlations instead because god forbid I have in the past but I do seriously implore those OP fans who do have the financial capabilities to purchase this to do so and support the series in order to keep it going. Not that OP or Oda Sensei are in any danger as One Piece as is a behemoth and a giant in terms of popularity!!!
on 3 July 2014
Great buy. First manga I have purchased and glad to say I'm not disappointed ive watched the anime but so far the manga offers a new experience as the story is somewhat different, glad to be able to see the world of one piece as the author intended it to be.
on 7 March 2014
I love this series, and since it's in a good condition, I really liked this Box Set.
I'd recommend it to all One Piece fans, and I do really hope that another Box Set may come.
on 7 January 2015
I bought this around the Christmas period, so was impressed with prompt delivery, The box is very funky, and its a decent bit cheaper than buying all of the books separately. However, whilst reading book 11, I was greatly disappointed to find that pages 97-128 were missing, and were replaced with copies of pages 129-160, which appeared both there and in their correct positions. This rather wrecked the flow of the story, as near to 2 whole chapters were missed out completely. Due to the cover of the book in the boxset being different to the normal covers, I am left unable to replace it without it standing out amongst the others. I advise great caution to anyone considering this.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 February 2014
Amazing story, with humor, drama and action in a manga with funny characters. Good for all ages. Got it for a bargain
on 9 January 2015
The Story can be lacking a bit at times, but this was a hilarious and heartfelt manga, definitely worthy of its success. A definite buy (if you have the money)