on 30 April 2017
I remember reading this when I was still in secondary school as my friend had let me borrow the first 3 mangas befor they got changed into the 3IN1.So after watching FMA brotherhood I decided to buy the mangas to fill in what the Animie had left out. And I'd forgotten what an emotional train wreck these books where. They are beautifully written and illustrated. They also portray a strong message, no matter what happens just keep moving forward and to help those who need it the most. They have lots of strong stand out characters. Especially the likes of Riza Hawkeye and Winry Rockbell. I would say they are worth the read
on 4 January 2017
Purchased the first three of these books for my fma mad daughter. Exactly as described and a perfect gift. My daughter is delighted with them. I can't give any comment on the story line etc, but I do know that this book has kept my teenager still for longer than five minutes, has given her something to focus on (other than an mobile phone) and has given her inspiration to create her own manga. Priceless.
VINE VOICEon 5 October 2011
Although I have loved Manga and Anime for years I have often felt lost in a sea of titles. However, this was always one title that kept cropping up as a good read and since I'm on a tight budget the 3-in-1 volumes seemed like a perfect choice.

The paper quality isn't great - thinner than a regular manga - but that does not detract from the brilliance of this story. I have since picked up (in fact pre-ordered!) the subsequent 3-in-1 volumes and have been blown away that this story can make me laugh and cry in turns. Obviously the artwork in combination with the writing makes that possible and 9 volumes in (3 of these combined books in other words) I am so transfixed with this story that I am now considering purchasing the single volumes hereafter since I find no plans so far to keep releasing them as 3-in-1s.

I don't want to give out spoilers or a resume of the book as I am sure that can be found elsewhere but I feel it important to mention that while I had my misgivings about the story at first, as it progressed it is oddly deep. I find myself preferring it to Bleach (which I have been enjoying borrowed copies of!) mainly because the vulnerabilities of the main characters make sense given their circumstances. At first there is a kind of episodic feel (that I did enjoy) whereby we see the brothers travelling about and solving (and causing!) some problems. This sets the stage as it were for the world in which they live and the rules they have to abide by and then the main story arc begins - along with the conflicts and problems of their pasts and present situation.

This is a wonderful Manga and this volume is such a good buy either if you are new to Manga and are looking for a decent read or you already know this is a great Manga and are on a tight budget!

Hoping they will release a 10-11-12 volume soon or else my library of Manga is going to look weird(lol)!
on 23 August 2014
A great Manga, I had seen a few episodes of the anime which I liked so I decided to give the manga a go. It's a good story with lovable characters and a bit of humor now and then. I have currently read up to volume 6 and it seems to get better with each volume!
on 29 August 2015
The print is good quality, pages are thin but not see-through which is a huge bonus.

Have not read the manga yet but I hear its one of the best.

Great price for 550 pages of manga!
on 14 May 2015
Very good edition! For the price (for 3 volume in one), it's a big gift from Viz. The paper is thin, but, for Viz Edition, even usual edition is like that. So, it's very very good!
on 27 November 2012
I love FMA and being able to collect the manga in a big volume is perfect, as I am running out of room on my shelf for all the other mangas.
on 27 December 2014
This is my favorate manga that have ever read. It has some really amazing illistrations and a good story line. A very good buy.
on 11 September 2015
I'd forgotten how much I used to love comics! It's a great story with amazing drawings.
on 24 January 2016
My god son loves it, nice to pass something on to younger generations