Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 23 April 2016
The beginning of the novel was difficult to follow until more characters were introduced. The story was a mystery from then on and as engrossing as it was I didn't see the ending. Absolutely brilliant
on 26 May 2013
This is mainly a story about Lara who was attacked seven years ago in Seattle by what was dubbed as a serial killer but for some reason she survived her attack. However, she has no memory of the attack and so is unable to help the police.

Her identity is never revealed but even so she has to moved from place to place, eventually returning to her childhood summer vacation home as that her grandmother left her in Texas. Lara is draw to murder sights and takes pictures of these places, which is then turn into an art exhibition by her cousin.

During the seven years there were no more murders on women, until one turns up near Lara's new home. Ranger Beck is sent to investigate the murder of this victim and recalls the Seattle case, so gets in contact with the lead detective who is now retired. The detective wants to still solve the mystery so comes to Texas to help track the killer.

This was a really good read, and there was enough of each character to help the story. The plot was easy to follow, kept you in suspense until the end with a smidge of romance thrown in.
on 3 June 2014
I don't if it's because I've read all the other books by this author, but I have come to guess who the suspect is and get it right every time. Although this one had a twist at the end, it wasn't something I liked really, ruined a fairly respectable character. I found Lara to be annoying and Beck to be just rude at the start. I don't know, maybe I just hoped for something more and it just didn't reach my expectations.
on 18 August 2016
Honestly, I don't know who wrote those 5 star reviews. This book cannot be liked by anyone who's read a good thriller in the past. Flat characters, silly plot with whole chapters filled with nothing.. half way through the book I gave up, and went straight to the lady chapters to see "whodunit ". Oh my.. my advice: don't waste your time. Move on with your life. And get a good book..
on 4 January 2014
Another in a brilliant series of books of murder and mystery, good strong characters and plot. Very well written and hard to put down. Excellent packaging and delivery and great value for money. \many Thanks
on 22 April 2013
I am a great fan of Mary Burton books but I was not very happy with this one. It was much of a muchness as many other I have read.
on 30 May 2013
The book is well written but her style is very formulaic .once you have read one of her books you have read them all as she had the same type of characters with different names in all of the ones I have read.
on 22 May 2013
The reason I have only given one star is not for the brilliant story but for the poor editing. It was so frustrating finding pages missing and duplicated and had not been proof read and a couple of sentences were grammatically incorrect.
on 29 April 2013
Got a bit frustrated with this book. I have read other reviews and it seems I am not the only one that had pages missing or a page duplicated. Only paid £3.99 for this book, but money could have been spent on a different one. usually it takes me about a week or week and half to get through books but this one is taking a bit longer as trying to keep up with the story. Where can I get a refund on this as it is spoiling the enjoyment of the book
on 11 May 2013
This book was easy reading the plot was fantastic it kept you reading couldn't put it down as the killer was finally coming out it was the last person you thought it was great writer.