Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

• Adora

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 April 1997
Theadora, the daughter of the emporour of the Byzantine empire is given into marriage to Orkan, sultan of the Turks, as a child. Allowed to keep her religion, she grows up in a convent. There she meets young Murad in the orchard, where she is eating peaches. He falls in love her and tries to seduce her. Her honor keeps her pure. Then she finds out who Murad is...Prince Murad of the Turks, Orkan's son, her stepson. Orkan calls her to his side before the lovers can do anything about it. Thus, a large rift opens between Adora and Murad. When Orkan dies, she flees to her brother in law, now the empororer of Byzantine, and finds love there. However, there is someone who doesn't wish her well. Will that someone cause problems between Adora and her new love? And what about Sultan Murad? Does he get her back? Read and find out!
on 18 December 1997
This book kept me enthralled from beginning to end. It also taught me a few new things about sex! I love the historical accuracy and Bertrice Small captures the feel of a time period beautifully.
on 22 March 2014
Dreadful, terrible, disgusting. A mix of historical fiction, perfect heroine, graphic sex scenes, rape of children. Horrible mind pollution. Not recommended.
on 6 March 2014
Very interesting from the beginning,exotic,full of intrigues.could put the book down and had to lay awake in nights reading it.
on 11 November 2014
Have been looking for this book for ages and could not get it anywhere
so this is great
on 9 July 1998
THIS IS THE BEST I'VE READ FROM BEATRICE SMALL. I'VE READ ALL OF THEM!!
on 13 July 2014
Book in good condition, as described. Arrived on time. Thanks.
on 25 November 1998
I read Adora nine years ago in another country. OF course it was in another language. After I moved to America, I couln't stop thinking about this book. All those years, it still gave me the great feelings...I had to have this book in English version. It took me 10 weeks to have this book because this book had different title when they were published in my country. Now, I have the book that I wanted for a long time. I can't tell you how much I wanted this book. Now, I can read it whenever I want. I hope you can see the great affection that i saw nine years ago...
on 9 November 1998
I was captivated by this story. Bertrice, you made me happy, angry, sad, and anxious to skip pages so I could satisfy my impatience. A wonderfully written story set in the places that Bertrice loves to take us to.
on 6 July 1999
This book compells you from the mintue you pick it up. "Adora" is a hero for the ages. The love that she an Murad endure and enjoy is timeless and very profetic.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.