Customer reviews

on 14 July 2017
Good book loved the series
on 15 September 2013
Lots of new characters made this an enjoyable read. Two more puppets to make. V suitable for boys into Star Wars who like making things!
Lots of middle grade books have disruptive or mischievous characters. But usually they engage in silly behavior to get attention or just because the narrative requires it. This book is different. The characters here are certainly disruptive, but it's in a surprisingly good cause. I liked this series originally because I thought Angleberger had a nice bead on middle graders and middle grade life, and could create interesting and appealing characters. But with this book he has focused the kids' energies and given them something worthwhile to take a stand on. Did not see that coming. This is subversive and enlightening stuff, and elevates the series way beyond the Star Wars puns and deadpan throwaways, (which were fun enough on their own), to a sort of thinking kids' Zen silliness. A very nice change of pace sort of read.
on 19 October 2013
My 11 year old loves stories but prefers being read to than reading for himself. These books together with Rick Riordan's "Percy Jackson" series have turned him from a reluctant into a voracious reader. I can't recommend them highly enough
on 12 November 2013
this is an excellent book for fans of Wimpy Kid or Tom Gates. Longer stories to engage the reader with entertaining pictures.
on 14 November 2013
My 11 year old son adores this whole collection of books. When's the next one due? I would recommend very much.
on 11 June 2014
"I loved it," said my 8-yr-old! "I actually gasped at the end. Making the puppets is really, really, really tricky. It is a fun book." We ended up buying a few of the same series, which our son read very fast, and we had origami creations all around the house.
on 8 February 2014
Mi kids already read the three previous book, and could barely wait to read the fourth, nice way to approach kids to reading, even if they are not fans of books. I truly recommend it. looking forward for the fifth.
on 13 January 2014
I bought this along with various other similar books to try to encourage my reluctant 13 year old son to enjoy reading. So far it seems to be working!
on 10 March 2014
My son loves these books, reads them from start to finish in one sitting! They have also introduced him to origami which occupies him for hours!