on 1 August 2011
I have read every single book in the cherub series and I have to say that Class A is definitely one of the best, it is addictive, fast flowing, page turning stuff! And incase there's any girls reading this, I am a teenage girl and loved this series this is not just a boys series.

This is James Adams second mission and the tension is really heating up. The mission is supposed to be routine, but it quickly becomes very unique, James is supposed to to bring down one the biggest drug lords in London and he does that by making friends with his son Junior More, I don't want to say anymore and spoil this for anybody reading but if you even vaguely enjoyed The Recruit then you will absolutely love this!

Very Strongly Recommend

Just in case of any confusion here is the order of the Cherub Series

1. The Recruit
10. The General
11. Brigands Mc
12. Shadow Wave
on 25 November 2005
Ok so I'm 31 and reading teenage fiction. I don't care - it's a great read for adults and teenagers. If you like James Bond, Spooks and if you've read the Alex Rider series you'll love this series. I read the recruit followed by Class A (UK version of The Dealer) and have now read the other books in the series. They are great. I really really recommend them. Why only 4 stars, well I don't want Robert to think he's cracked it and to stop writting!
on 30 December 2010
Do NOT buy this its a con.

It is his second book CLASS A with a different name!

My son was gutted

WHY?
88 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An excellent and extremely well written book by an up and coming author. I would recommend this book to any one interested in the genre or just looking for something good to read. Its not Harry Potter or Alex Rider, Robert's out there dealing with real issues effecting teenagers in a plausible environment which they can relate to. I would also recommend his previous book "the recruit" as good reading material, I've converted a fair few of my kids with it and have them crying out for more.If only he'd hurry up with the next book!
on 19 January 2006
the cherub series are the best books i have ever read. they are gripping and i cant put them down. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THESE BOOKS TO ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 10 because any younger and you may ask queations about drugs and stuff. i have read the recruit, class a, maximum security and i am currently reading the killing i am thirteen and i have really liked these books and i want Robert Muchamore to keep writing because these books are the best
on 2 February 2006
its one of the best books ive ever read, so is the one before, (the recruit) and the one after ,(maximum security). Its about a boy called james adams who has to try and find enough evidence to put a famous cocaine seller (keith moore) in prison. he has to make freinds with his son(keith moore jnr.) and with the help of his freinds(kerry, nicole and kyle) he manages to complete his mission.
on 16 September 2005
i can not say how much fun you will have reading this book! if you have read the first book 'the recruit' then give me 1 reason not to read this one! it is ultra amazing from the fist page and you will be rushing out to buy the next one immediately after you finish the last page! James is off on another adventure, and has a few tough times ahead of him. Lauren is doing basic training, but will she get to the end? you better get off your bum and go and buy it, or else you will be missing out on something fantastic! READ IT, READ IT, READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 12 August 2005
For anyone who enjoyed the Alex Rider series or Charles Higson's Silverfin, this is bigger and better. The Dealer is the American edition of Cherub: Class A and sees James doing his second mission as well as bringing Lauren (his younger sister) in on the act. A fantastic book in a brilliant series.
on 7 January 2011
It is not made clear that this is the US version of Class A and not a new Cherub book. As in the case of an earlier reviewer, my son was bitterly disappointed.
on 19 October 2007
I was struggling to find a gift for a 13 year old boy, but I knew he enjoyed the Alex Rider (Horowitz), Hover Car Racer (Reilly), and Tomorrow (Marsden) series of books. I read the Amazon reviews and noticed the 'yes it won an award' sticker and ordered the first two in the CHERUB series. I always read the books I give away (judge me as you will :-) ), and even though I think the target group is miles away from a 38 year old woman; I couldn't put this book down. It wiped out my Saturday, and all my other plans were cancelled. Wow! What a great read. The plot moves very fast, is completely action packed, and totally believable. I think I am sorted for this kid's Christmas presents too; the next few in this series!