on 25 March 2015
I very thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was full of action and laughter entwined into a great storytelling adventure. It provides a deep understanding of the events before Guild Wars 2 and why some of the characters are the way they are.

I found it very well written, with action that keeps you on the edge of your seat and emotion that hits you deep. I gave it a full 5* rating because it encapsulated all these fundamentals in a great way, to the point where I would read this again.

I recommend this to any Guild Wars fan, especially Guild Wars 2, and also for anyone who likes adventure, monsters and magic.
on 17 December 2013
Reading this book feels like reading descriptions from a wiki. There's too much repetition - most of the book is "they went here and did this, then did that". This is a letdown after the first book - it was simply written but it was fun and engaging. The writing also flowed much better.

I agree with another review on here that said this was an okay book for children since they aren't likely to have read better offerings in the genre. Maybe consider buying it for your children if they play the game and have read the first and third books. I'd avoid this author.
on 13 May 2013
All in all, it's just... Okay. I liked a couple characters but the constant, typical "woe is me" whine of the humans in GW is just boring in all honesty. The story is fine, predictable with no real twists but if you enjoy the world then it's a decent story. I read a lot of fantasy books and whilst I love knowing some back story to the game, it just really doesn't hold up to other game-based fantasies (WoW, etc.) I wouldn't recommend unless to someone interested in the GW world, though I'd probably suggest Ghosts of Ascalon before this.
on 13 May 2015
All in all, I quite enjoyed quickly reading the book but I probably won't be picking it up for a re-read. If you're a fan of the game then it's probably worth a read.

However it does read a little like a game, with random one-liners being thrown in everywhere and banter taking place where in any normal fight they wouldn't be able to talk without risking their neck. Also some of the character interactions border on unbelievable.

Still, at the end of the day I quite enjoyed reading the backstory of Destiny's Edge.
on 24 April 2012
As my title says, if you're looking for a book that'll teach you some of the lore, and backstories of some of the main characters? in, Guild Wars 2 then by all means buy this book. If however you are here looking for a good read, in my opinion, and that of some of the other reviewers, that you ought to give this a miss, as it doesn't seem to go anywhere much at any pace until the end, and then it goes straight from first gear to fifth while travelling at 300 miles per hour, finally slamming on the brakes for the end battle.
on 9 June 2011
This book was quite bad. I loved the first but couldnt bring myself to finish this one, and that doesnt happen a lot.
on 28 April 2013
Both guild wars 2 books were amazing, they add so much more to the background of the game so for anyone that enjoyed gw1 or gw2 i really recommend reading them as they add more insight to what's going on in the world and also add's more insight to the races and in this case what's going on with destiny's edge.
the humour in these books were great and i really enjoyed reading them.
on 12 August 2012
This is the second book that tells of the events leading up to Guild Wars 2, it actually takes place before the first book so does not require you to read them in order.

The story is alright and moves along at a bearable pace, however has longs spells of being bland.

Not bad for a historical view point for the Guild Wars 2 Story but nothing special.
on 3 February 2013
If you already know about the Guild Wars series and would like to go into more detail about the previous happenings in the world, then this is the book for you. I wouldn't recommend for people who are new to it though. In my opinion, it was amazing.
on 2 August 2016
As a guild wars 2 (fashon wars) player i fine book great because fill the gap about destiny edge an before your play charter start the story. Fill out the charters story alot more then game could ever do