on 7 June 2011
What a wonderful book I throughly enjoyed it. I bought this book after having seen the film 'The Way,' starring Martin Sheen and this book like the film captivated me. I like the way the book was also filled with amusing and witty anecdotes surrounding the author's life and how they related to certain parts of the Camino Trail that he travelled along especially as he was on a crossroads in his life when he walked it.
If anyone wants to read a definitive book about the Camino De Santiago this book is definitely the one to read. I felt sad when I finished the book because I became so attached to the author and his trials and tribulations along the trek, the friends he made along the way and the rugged beauty of the Camino de Santiago. But all good things must come to an end and life is a constant journey.
I definitely will walk the Camino De Santiago one day.
on 7 August 2017
Having had a 'taste' of the Camino this year - with a travel company - I've really become hooked on the Camino. Reading this book makes me realise I would like to walk it the hard way - but know I couldn't do the whole thing. But I did have a glimpse of how hard it can be - and this book says it as it is. I'm still in the middle of it but would recommend it & the writer had made me want to explore ways of walking some of the Camino.
on 4 April 2017
At times, I didn't know if Hape Kerkeling was poking fun at the whole idea of the Camino, until I reminded myself he is a comedian, so of course, humor would play a part in the book. Other than the fact he stayed in hotels over pilgrim accommodation, this is a very interesting account of the Camino, and one feels that Hape was affected on a personal level. Highly recommend.
on 18 July 2017
Enjoyable story, well written with a few amusing moments. A bit drawn out but it was a page turner. I like it !
on 10 March 2017
arrived promptly and as described.
on 2 May 2017
I couldn't put it down. I feel I have so many new friends, and slept in so many wierd places. It's a pilgrimage that will never end.
on 15 August 2017
Bought this after completing the last section of the Camino Way. Wanted to understand the perspective of someone else's experience of completing the whole Camino
on 2 June 2017
Great !
on 15 August 2017
not sure what to expect at the hostels now
on 15 June 2017