Customer reviews

Tumbling Through Time
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2010
The synopsis made this book sound really good, and it was a great idea for a story. However I was disappointed with the way the author had written it. The first 70-100 pages were drawn out and tedious. I think the author should have made a decision as to whether Philip Drummond was an actual person from history or a fictional character from Sephs' book. It didn't make any sense that he was both. After a boring beginning the book did start to pick up a little but still did not grip me and make me not want to put it down. After all the time I spent on it, it would have been nice to have enjoyed the ending but even that could have been much better in my opionion.
on 17 March 2009
I spent most of my afternoon reading "Tumbling Through Time" and I have to say that I enjoyed it enormously. It succeeded in sucking me into its world very happily, easily vying for a place as one of the most enjoyable historical romps I've encountered in a while.

Though please, disregard the cheesy cover art, this book deserves so much better.

The plot devices may technically be nothing you haven't seen before --mystical events culminating in our heroine, Seph, getting sucked not just through time but also into her own as-yet-unwritten novel, merrily wreaking havoc through both-- but the whole concoction is extremely well-handled. It's populated with mostly likeable characters, genuinely funny if occasionally absurd interludes and a surprisingly personable first-person narrative that, for once, did not make me want to throttle the lead character.
Overall I considered it well worth my money and my time.
on 18 May 2015
I really enjoyed this book, mainly due to the fun first person narrative. I thought it was an interesting concept as well. Unfortunately there was enough plot for about three novels, too much for my poor brain to keep up with. I would have given 4 stars though until the end, which I personally found disappointing.
on 23 October 2014
Hilarious! A brilliant romp through time with a memorable narrator.