Customer reviews

on 24 January 2008
I enjoyed this book and its approach a lot. Things I liked that I haven't found anywhere else:

* Mixing cereals to come up with a different taste. I guess I'm just not creative, but this was a cool idea I've incorporated into my diet.
* Starting out without any restrictions. Every other diet approach I've read recently starts you out with phase one being the most restrictive. This phase one is just the phase, helpful for me because it gave me time to read the rest of the book while not jumping into a diet AND exercise program right away.
* He gives a great list of exactly what friuts and veggies help which health conditions. Good reference page.
* Oprah's recipes-- they were easier and more doable than the others in the book. Especially the turkey burgers. A lot of the recipes just took regular recipes and made them healthier, replacing ground beef with ground turkey and refined flour with whole grain flour.
* He helps you take a look at WHY you overeat. I find myself asking "am I hungry? or am I just stuffing my face because I can't find another way to deal with the frustration of my 4-month-old daughter screaming?" It's usually the second, so I stop eating and say a lil' prayer.
* His emphasis on fiber. This is often neglected in a lot of health-conscious circles, but is vital to the correct long-term functioning of the innards.

I think he hits the nail right on the head with this book the most though. Weight loss is something that has to start first with your issues in life and with this book he helps you go from phase to phase as you progress along in your struggles with weight loss. I think he has a good out look on what it takes to loss weight and I think this is his best book yet.
on 30 July 2011
Very good bok,useful and interesting.It could be of great help when wantin to loose weight and live a healthier life.The information is well presented and it makes a lot of sense.
on 27 August 2011
great easy recipes and advice, makes healthy eating simple. well written and easy to read. Liked the style of the book.
on 4 February 2015
Interesting and good combination of recipes
on 24 December 2014
A good guide.. easy to use
on 25 February 2016