Customer reviews

I would characterised myself as a 'casual Star Trek fan' with the level of knowledge that could be expected from watching the series and movies although I have read the odd novel.

So for my level of expectation this book is beautiful and not overly filled with statistics and information.

I agree with other reviewers here that this is certainly not an in-depth study of the starships but I don't think it was intended to be. It fulfills its target of being a beautifully illustrated book of the most recognised ships very well.

I bought this for my brother who is very avid fan and even he thought it is great for what it is.

If you're looking for a lot of information, give this a miss but if you would just like something beautiful to look at, this is for you.
on 24 April 2015
A hardback books with excellent illustrations and images. A real treat for avid Star Trek fans.
I bought this for my son one Christmas, and he was very pleased with it.
on 22 June 2008
"ships of the line" sounds like it should be a definitive reference book, on the cover are lots of ships I wanted to know about and look at but inside it really is just a series of well painted pictures of starships we are already more than familiar with, this is just a romantic look at what we are used to rather than a glimpse at what might be. I for one was somewhat dissatisfied with it.
on 25 July 2014
The artwork is of an excellant quality, but the cover is very deceiving as the actual content only has the Enterprises as its core work and not as the cover suggests many others from the Star Trek Universe and it doesn't even give a history of the ships that are represented, so alittle disappointing.
on 7 April 2013
Bought this book in a rush to be honest so didn't really read what it was all about. All the pictures have been done on a computer. Don't mind CGI graphics but was hoping for some good quality prints of the actual models used. I know Star Trek Enterprise was all CGI and late seasons of Voyager also went down that route, but come on guys... they made some awesome and big models and they should have been shown in all their glory!
on 25 April 2012
The title sounds rude but is not intended that way.

This book is, quite literally, a Feast-For-Your-Eyes.

Ingeniously written and illustrated, I believe it is an excellent addition to the libary of anyone who is interested in space travel, even if they aren't fans of the wonderfully enjoyable Star Trek sagas.
on 14 October 2016
Great book
on 21 February 2013
I got this book as a present for my 'Star Trek' addicted son. He said that the pictures are great and is very pleased with the book. The only thing he could fault is the amount of information that was given about the ships as he would have liked a bit more. He still thought it was worth 5 stars though.
on 31 December 2014
Good book a lot of good quality images recommended to all Star Trek fans
on 31 March 2017
Easy to read, not as informative as I hoped but still a good read. Could of done with more other ships included in the cannon.