on 19 October 2017
I read this book not expecting much as billy graham was a star long before i was intrested in wrestling but i need'nt have worried as it was a fantastic book. Its a brutally honest account of his life which tells you about the good times and the bad. He does'nt gloss over the drugs or the overdoses or even how easy it was to get the drugs as they were not illigal at the time. He also tells you how steriods ruined his body and his life and what he did when he could'nt or did'nt wrestle. This book would even intrest the non wrestling reader as some of his time is spent away from the ring. One of the better autobiographies and wort a reed
on 15 March 2011
This a truly intriguing read, Billy Graham is without doubt the forerunner of the OTT Wrestling interview the majority of today's Wrestlers owe to him the ability to hook in an audience.
But the Superstars life in which he bares all in this book left me feeling no pity for him as he was the instigator of his own downfall, which he freely admits to himself.
His admission to the use of Steroids and what affect they had on him and others around him is brutally honest and when I finished this book I have to say I didn't like him at all.
I wouldn't spoil it for any one but if your into Wrestling the Superstars life is a well worth read, he does not paint any pretty pictures about the reality of being a professional Wrestler ,so in all I would have to say that this is a very underrated Autobiography.
on 16 September 2006
This must be my 5th or 6th ex or present WWE star autobiography , that I have read . This not the best . Reading this book is like a long rocky road advantage . There are some good bits and times when you wonder , will you make it . Billy seems bitter about a few things that have happened in the past . What illness hasn't he had ? . Well worth a read .
on 2 July 2007
As with all biographies it is a good idea to read a book about someone you are interested in. I think sometimes just being a wrestling fan is not a good enough reason to pick up a wrestlers biography and read it. I have found this out in the past. I am very interested in the wrestler 'Superstar Billy Graham 'and just as equally the man behind the persona. This made the book easy to read for me. I would rate it one of the best wrestler biographies I have read(even though they pretty much all follow the same basic lines). The synopsis sums Billy Graham and the book up perfectly so not much more needs to be said. I think generally this is an easy book to get on with but there are a few parts that seem to drag hence the four stars.
on 19 August 2014
Awesome book, Graham comes across as a 'jack the lad' (ie a£$%hole) but at least he's honest! The steroid stories are shocking, but its up there with Hitman by bret hart and Pure Dynamite so get it!