on 12 December 2005
I've read almost all of the CSI books as well as watching the programme but when i read this book i was absolutley amazed at the plot. This book is great from the beginning, although compared to other books starts a little slower. However this is a good thing as it helps you get more into what's going on and where the plots coming from and leading to. Anyway there are many ups and downs in the investigation but by the end you're mezmerized by who the killer is as well as why the killer has left his sick signature at each of his crimes. A fantastic read!
on 4 May 2005
I bought this book, and from starting to read it couldn't put it down. You could clearly identify with all the characters - it was so like the tv series & for me that was a good thing, and the story was great always keeping you wondering will they get their man (...). I even gave the book to my mum who is also an avid fan of csi & she read it within 2 days.
I am now going to buy another one
on 18 July 2005
I don't know how to describe this book other than amazing. I read most of this book in one day. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. If you have watched the program and enjoyed it this book is for you. When you read the character dialogue you can imagine the actual cast saying it. The story is very good. It doesn't give to much away during the story just like in the show, till you get to the end and it turns out to be someone you didn't expect to have committed the crime. I you like the show and don't know what book to read first I highly recommend this one, as that's the first CSI book I read and enjoyed. I expect more CSI books to be bought in the year by me.
on 24 June 2013
Max Allan Collins has written this book with excellent prose and an outstanding storyline. However, I would recommend this for older readers as a lot of adult themes are explored. Collins has entailed this book particularly well, as he has grasped the characters well from the TV show - if not, then better! I will be reading more of his books soon.
on 26 March 2013
Television is a passive medium. Don't believe me? Then why are so many murder mystery shows on daytime telly? If you really stopped and thought about the torment that passes through Jessica Fletcher's head as she stumbles across another dead body, you would shudder in horror. The harder edged `CSI' series is now shown during the day, with some of the more gruesome scenes cut out, but is that right? The show is extremely violent and disturbing, any proof you need of this is in the opening section of Max Allan Collins' CSI tie in novel `CSI: Binding Ties'. In this scene, a middle aged man is strangled whilst naked. You are then left with a soiled body for our heroes to investigate. This scene alone was harder edged than the vast majority of the crime fiction I read, but does Collins earn the right?

`Binding Ties' is not a great crime novel; it is just too linear and bland. The various well known CSI agents glean the crime scene for clues and don't come out with much. This hit and miss evidence based storyline may work on screen, but in print it is a little dull. At times its feels as if the investigators are sat twiddling their thumbs when they could have been catching the killer. In the end, it is evidence that should have been `self-evident' that solves the mystery. I felt cheated as the vast majority of the book was unnecessary. This may be the way of the real CSI world, but I expect some artistic licence in my novels.

With elements of the book being dull, whilst others being overly graphic, `Binding Ties' was just a book that left me feeling uncomfortable and a little bored. Some tweaking here and there; perhaps an element of intelligence in utilising clues, would have improved it immensely.
on 28 September 2009
I love the CSI series but unfortunately after reading a third of this book I found it to be rather boring. In fact I gave up on it.
I am an avid reader of crime and had just finished the "Frost" series which I found to be real page turners so this book was a total disappointment. I think I will stick to the televised CSI.
on 26 August 2007
I loved these CSI books. I've only read the Vegas ones and only ones written by Max Collins. He has the characters down to a tee and the cases will keep you turning the pages. Fantastic!
on 16 January 2013
I really like all the CSI books, I find them exciting but simple to read.
This one is no expection, I like the books written by Max Allan Collins.
on 30 May 2011
Great book very nice read if your into that sort of thing.
Postage was very quick which is always a thumbs up.
on 24 August 2005
this book was absoloutely awsesome....it keeps you going and going all the way to the end so much so you can't bear to stop reading.....it's yet another great book to the real cool csi series....buy it!!!