Customer reviews

on 22 July 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this yarn as familiar with settings and locations. Looking forward to reading the rest ofthe series
on 23 November 2015
Really getting into these books by this author
on 12 August 2015
A good story line ,with a believable central character in Joe Donovan, however too much going on by too many people in too many places .I lost the plot far too often and had to backtrack. Reading the other reviews made me think I have missed something but one thing is for sure I shall not be visiting Newcastle and it's environs any time soon .
on 21 February 2006
This was my first book by Martyn Waites. It's apparently part of the popular Joe Donavan series and the book starts by coaxing Joe out of retirement. From the first few pages the book picks you up, throws you into the seat, and tells you to stay there. The book takes you on an intercity rollercoaster journey between Newcastle (coincidently my home town)and London and introduces characters so believable that I'm convinced I've met a few of them. The story is first class and keeps you hanging on until you find out what happened to our hero's kidnapped son. (No I'm not gonna spoil it for you.)
But hey, Martyn! Newcastle aint that bad!
on 13 November 2011
Be prepared to be grabbed from Page 1. This is a "can't put down" book. The tense and gripping plot starts right at the begining and doesn't let up. There's no slow lead-in, just straight down to business - quite brilliant!!
on 24 October 2015
very good condition
on 2 October 2014
A cracking read - i can't put it down. The characters are so believable i would highly recommed this book to anyone who enjoys crime/thriller novels.
on 4 March 2012
I ordered the book for my brother when he came home he wanted a load of book so he ordered them he was pleased with it
on 28 August 2015