Customer reviews

on 9 March 2015
Love this book. Easy to follow patterns
on 22 February 2013
I thought this book was fantastic. I loved all the patterns for their quirkyness and sense of humour. My 3 boys love them all and constantly badger me to make them things from the book. So far I have knitted the ninja and Dave but I will be doing more. I might even treat myself to the More Knitwits book.
I disagree with the previous reviewer. Surely you can tell from the cover that this isnt going to be another book full of cutey cute toy patterns. If thats what you are after buy another book! This is a great book , the patterns are well constructed with minimal sewing up needed as they are mostly in the round. Very clearly written and unfussy. Excellent!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 September 2012
OK, so most soft toy books feature cutesy animals...but the ones in this book really are, with a few exceptions, quite horrid and unappealing.
I liked the rabbit and the owl and even 'Jacques Crusteau' the big prawn. But the others are quite creepy monsters: a squid, a little girl with several legs, robots, a cyclops, an alligator with someone's legs sticking out of its mouth...
I was intrigued by the author's note that she knitted a monster for each of her friend's children. 'They were based on a particular bad habit the child had at the time' !!
Incidentally most of these are knitted in the round.