on 8 January 2017
I purchased this book in 2014 and used it extensively during my pre-clinical medical studies. The question and answer format of the book is excellent for getting a better grasp of concepts. I tried to study my first semester using Robbins Basic Pathology, and found that I had a harder time internalizing concepts and remembering small details. I decided to forego Basic Pathology entirely in later semesters and used this review book instead, and found that my grades improved on pathology exams.

It covers the same sections as med/big Robbins, and is laid out similarly. While I wouldn't use this book as a substitute for other resources, I found it to be a great supplement and I often recommend it to other students asking me for tips for pathology. Since first using this book, I tend to study using question banks rather than textbooks, and have found this to be a much more efficient way to study.
on 11 January 2015
Worked my way through almost all of these questions in preparation for Pathology Finals (Medicine) at Cambridge University. Very helpful for reinforcing what you've already read and tried to learn. Works well with Rapid Review pathology and Robin's other pathology books. Takes a lot of time, I suggest only reading the answers for the ones you get wrong (speeds things up a lot!).
on 5 September 2013
I bought this as it was recommended by someone in my office at work as they'd used it recently for exam revision. The book is well laid out, with the chapters consisting of lots of multiple choice type questions. The answers are comprehensive and give a good explanation of not only the correct answers, but also cover some of the wrong options as well. It will be one of the key books I use for histopath part 1 exam revision.
on 28 September 2011
I used this extensively in the run-up to fifth year pathology finals. Great book, good range of questions and diverse range of images which really helped consolidate knowledge during revision.
on 19 March 2014
Good for the FRCPath part one exam revision making sure all areas are covered and following and referencing the "big Robbins"
on 12 May 2010
bought this for uk mbbs finals thinking it was a path book with lots of nice pictures. it does have lots of pictures but is set above the standard required for undergrad finals and is purely questions and is not a textbook. It has sat on the shelf now for the last 12 months but i may use it in the future. it only gets 3 stars as it doesnt do what i thought it would for me, however i may amend this in the future
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 January 2011
This book is a great companion to Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease (or even Robbins and Cotran Basic Pathology). All the questions in the book are in SBA format and are also supported by a summary text as to why the answer was the answer. The answer is also supported by pages from R+C's PBD and BP.

Perfect for consolidating knowledge and preparation for exams, but would not be my first choice for cramming.
on 3 August 2014
Excellent SBAs to prepare for pathology exams. I'm at Cambridge and this book was my main way of preparing for the Stage 2 Path exam. Highly recommended! I ended up getting over 80% on the SBAs - and path is not my strong suit!
on 17 May 2015
One of the best pathology question books around. Used this to revise for my pathology exams at medical school and ended up as one of the top 5 in the year. Probably also useful for USMLE exams too.