Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2012
Masquerader was read on Radio 4Xtra some while ago, but as it was late at night I usually fell asleep before the conclusion of each episode. This is in no way a criticism of the book, just the way usually I react to being read to! In fact I was extrememly keen to hear the story, and was very pleased to find it available on Kindle so that I could have the story from beginning to end in the right order.
I thought that this book was well written, and without modern twists, except the central premise of two outwardly identical men swapping lives. In fact my brain expected a few twists when there were none.
Not a modern style of writing, but not so dense that it is impenetrable, I really enjoyed having to read properly for a change. It is a little lost gem and well worth downloading.