on 26 August 2013
This book helps put everything into perspective, a real must for all counselling students , worth every penny, simple to access.
on 26 February 2010
Bond's book on Standards & Ethics in Counselling is an excellent overview of current & potentially future ethical thinking & decision making. A fantastic guide for Counselling Students (like myself) and any practising Counsellors & Psychotherapists - a definite MUST READ!

Ethical Dilemma's can occur more often than one may expect & without some idea of best courses of action to take, one could find themselves in very difficult to handle situations. There's no such thing as right or wrong, and no simple black & white answers - Bond enables the reader to think & act with ethical mindfullness, with a deep understanding of personal values & beliefs, while still taking heed of any relevant legislatory implications.

His writing style is clear & concise, open-minded, as objective as possible & leaves the reader with a greater, more indepth understanding of how ethics & values can/would affect their work as a counsellor.
on 18 November 2010
I am a new student of psychotherapy and originally undertook the reading of this book somewhat reluctantly as a litigious aside to the more absorbing study of counselling and psychotherapeutic theory, yet found something more valuable than I had envisioned. I think that essentially the book describes very well the position that without ethics a therapeutic relationship is not actually possible. I started out with the idea that there was therapy, and that it must give nod to ethics in order to stay within the law and to best ensure the protection of the client/patient. It is obvious now that without a clear understanding of the ethics involved that one does not truly understand the therapeutic relationship and the mechanisms at work. It ends by giving a very useful guide on how to approach solving the inevitable ethical dilemmas encountered on the road of acting as therapist.

I think Tim Bond deserves credit for taking a subject matter that could so easily have been dry and giving life and verve to it. I would recommend this to anyone who wishes to further their understanding of psychotherapy and the therapist/client relationship.
on 27 August 2010
My copy of the previous edition fell apart from regular use - it's one of the books I keep above my desk for ease of access.
The two great strength of Tim Bond's writing are that:
1) when we're in a hurry, we can find clear guidance on best practice
2) if you're in the mood for reflecting on practice, there's an invitation to ponder on the implications of ethical principles and values.
on 17 December 2010
Tim Bond makes this book very user friendly. he uses an uncomplicated step by step structure to ensure full understanding
of ethics within the dynamics of counselling.
he gives a good understanding of the legal, moral and professional dilemmas which any counsellor can come across.
I found the structure excellent, I found the book interesting and easy to read. Very enjoyable Piece of Work.
on 26 May 2010
Wonderful book, really helped me and will work for me for many years to come within my profession!
on 21 October 2010
Very comprehensive book and easy to read. Tim Bond is an excellent author and i would reccomend this book to anyone studying counselling.
on 29 May 2011
clear, concise and easy to read.. helped to clarify my position as a counsellor if notes were asked for in court.. highly recomend it!
on 25 February 2010
I bought this book as it was on a reading list to help write an assignment on ethics and it was the most useful book I found. It provided very up-to-date information in an easy to read format. I actually enjoyed reading it which for me, is not often the case when it comes to academic books!Well worth buying.
on 15 January 2013
I bought this book on the recommendation of my tutor, it's referred to for the module I am studying. It's perfect, written in such a way that its a joy to read and very course relevant. You really need to buy this edition, the 3rd edition, as it's completely up to date. If you are on a counselling course, or a qualified counsellor, you need this book in your life.