on 9 October 2006
This book is a fresh, new, beautifully written account about Sam's life and music, with all the intimate details that only a family perspective can give. More important is the fact that this book has the courage for the first time to tell the truth about Sam's death. Sam Cooke was murdered because he had found out how he and other black artists were being cheated out of the rights to own their own music. Those who stole from Sam and were complicit in his murder are still profiting: the corrupt music industry.

Sam died a hero fighting for justice, and this book has the courage to expose the old dirty lie about Sam's death, using clear and hitherto ignored evidence. "Our Uncle Sam" is a must read. Help in the fight for justice, buy the book and spread the news.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 October 2007
As I'm writing this review, I've got my favorite Sam Cooke tunes playing in the background. These are some of the most timeless pieces of music ever recorded. Every so often, I take them out, dust them off, and take a listen. My mood changes and somehow my day gets better.

There are plenty of biographies about Sam Cooke. His life makes an interesting story. Born into a large family, son of a minister, Sam started in gospel music and eventually became an R&B and pop superstar. Sam was also well known as a lady's man, a business man, and a human rights advocate. To this day, people still wonder about the real story behind his suspicious death.

Our Uncle Sam is unique among Sam Cooke biographies. This book is written by Sam's great nephew and includes stories from various relatives. I absolutely loved this concept. Family knows, and still loves you nonetheless, throughout both the good and bad. Therefore, I felt that this biography presented a really balanced story about Sam, where he came from, what drove him to succeed, and what was really important to him. Moreover, I was touched at this family's everlasting love and devotion to Sam's memory and to the loving foundations set out by Annie Mae and Charles Cook Sr.
on 1 August 2007
I found the review given by Felicity very insightful. It brought to my attention an issue which is so shocking as there is so much evidence to show how Sam Cooke was an innocent man. It is good to see there are people out there defending a man who can no longer defend himself, his murders have tried in vain to silence the truth.