Customer reviews

on 25 September 2008
....and I'm still waiting for my royalties.

Or is that a lie?
on 24 February 2008
This is a collection of inspired mis-truths. Even the title can be the grounds of a prosecution under the trades description act - it's not a little book at all, it's big with over 1800 entries and a very useful index if you want to find a non-fact about a specific subject.

The best place to read this is in a public place. On the train into work I was laughing so much I felt duty bound to explain why to my fellow passengers. As well as bringing a little ray of sunshine into your otherwise dull lives, The Little Book of Lies also cures overcrowding on public transport. After a few pages I had the whole carriage to my self. And the guard didn't even approach me to sell me a ticket. Amazing.
on 18 January 2008
An astonishingly splendid collection of superb fibs which will leave you in fits of uncontrollable laughter.

I liked it so much, I purchased a second copy for my sister.

Caution should be taken, however!
It is quite possible that you'll laugh in such an eye watering hysterical fashion, the puddle of tears which form at your feet as a result may lead to an incident of drowning.
on 17 January 2008
I found this book in the toilet while visiting a friend (they have a bookshelf in there - it wasn't literally "in" the toilet).

If you read this while on the can though, be warned. You'll start flicking through and reading a few random untruths but it's one of those books you can't put down. Before you know it, 25 minutes will have passed and you'll have pins and needles in your feet and aching sides. It really is very funny. Embarrassment at your length of stay will force you to go and buy your own copy so get it here and now and read it in safety before it's too late.
on 16 January 2008
I bought this on a recommendation. It can't help but make you laugh, its one of the funniest books I've ever come across.

Just buy it!!
on 1 March 2006
I bought this book on recommendation from a friend and can honestly say that it's one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time. You can pick it up, flick to any page and instantly start laughing like a loony.
If you like complete and utter nonsense, this book is perfect for you! What are you waiting for? Buy it!
4 people found this helpful