on 30 March 2011
Very pleased with these cards when they arrived, and they have lived up to their expectations. Had several different brands of alphabet packs bookmarked to buy, and chose these because of the simple appearance, number of cards in the pack, price and good reviews.

Would definately recommend to friends who have young children- they are a good size (in my opinion) being 13 and a half cm by 8 and a half cm. The colours are vibrant and attractive, easily drawing attention, and most importantly the letters are clear and large.

Each card is double sided, and there are three sets of cards. One features an upper case letter on one side and a picture on the other(A and an apple), one a lower case letter with the same picture example, and finally the picture presented on one side with the spelling of that word in lower case on the other side. Great for continuity and matching games etc.

I personally bought these cards for my 1 year old as an introduction to simple lettering and examples of basic words, and I do think they are sturdy enough and could withstand a lot of play. The packet states ages 4 and up, and if giving to that age group there whould be little issue of bending, tearing or chewing!

I loved the fact that at the end of the pack there are also 6 colour cards with a block of colour on one side, and on the other the spelling of that colour, which I found an attractive addition. The colours are red, yellow, green, orange, purple and blue.

If only they had added in a pink one for good measure and it would have been an excellent accompanyment when teaching colours and singing the 'rainbow' song!

I can't, however, mark the product down for this as they are plainly alphabet cards and do the job well. I would also buy other cards from the 'flashkids' range in future, as they too look brilliant, but it would help if there was a little better product description for each packet, and this is partly why I have written so much!
61 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 20 February 2012
I bought these for my 2 year old. The cards are very effective, as there is a letter on one side and no pictures with it so the child really has to focus on the letter itself and learn. With other flash cards you have the letter and picture on the same side. The card quality is not as good as id hoped, so they wont be lasting very long with a toddler (hence the 4 star) but for the price of under £3 I would defiantly recommend them. You are defiantly getting your moneys worth. In your pack you get a set of capital letters, set of small letters and a set of colours.
on 20 September 2013
I think these are superb. I have a disinterested 3.9 year old. I brought 1 pack to try them and found them brilliant. I wanted to create a matching game and therefore ordered 4 packs. At such a low price you get all the lowercase letters, upper case letters and a word with each letter. Each card has a picture on the back. The letter stands alone so the child has no option but to recognise the letter. Go ahead and buy, I assure you - you and your child will love them!
on 21 May 2017
Delivered before expected date. Good quality product. Highly recommended seller and item
on 15 February 2018
Really good flash cards the best I have come across. It has a uppercase and lowercase on separate cards as well as images on different cards makes learning very clear for the little ones.
on 20 January 2015
good cards, simple to use, my 2.5 year old e njoys these. My only comment would be that some of the word and letter combinations could be improved for example G , J, Y & W. Also the yellow cards are very bright pale yellow and the white lettering doesn't stand out as well as on the other colour cards.
on 6 February 2018
Love the size of these cards. Used to personalise some prezzie
on 28 July 2017
Grand daughter enjoys playing with them
on 2 November 2017
Brilliant!!
on 1 March 2017
nice flash cards to support early years learning