on 3 February 2015
I enjoyed this book very much ..it's very rare these days to find a book that actually has a real story.. I enjoyed how everything unfolded and even though I wouldn't normally read a book with a younger man and older woman, this was really believable. The struggle that he had to make a choice about leaving the only life he knew and having enough faith to venture into the unknown was really well constructed. Clearly this book was written pre 50 shades madness hence the author made an effort to present us with a good story
on 8 April 2012
Probably a 3.5 for me. Enjoyable read but not a lot more. Premise is that Sara, writer, moves in next door to Ryan. Ryan is gorgeous looking, charming, loves animals, intelligent and interested in Sara. She knows there must be a catch. There is. He is an escort, or put more bluntly a prostitute. They fall in love but Sara can't deal with his profession. The story deals with her reaction to the news and how they build a relationship. The thing that spoiled it a bit for me was that Ryan was a bit too good to be believable and I found Sara to be a bit of a bigot so I didn't overly care for her. Still it was a different take on romance and it was easy to read and not instantly forgettable.
on 11 October 2015
After reading some of the reviews, I decided to give this book a shot as I'm currently researching similar material.
I was surprised that I thoroughly enjoyed the book and that it gripped me to the end. In fact, I read the book in one sitting; I couldn't put it down.
I thought that the central characters were very life-like and believable.
It is a sad reality that a lot of the events in this book are non-fiction and that Ryan is clearly a representation of many.
I loved the story and the way all loose ends were neatly tied together. I also loved that the author thought through many of the details and understood the character's emotions very well.
I would highly recommend this book, it will leave an impression, that's for sure.
on 27 February 2013
I loved the banter between the main characters and the genuine friendship that grew up between them, before there was any idea of romance. The "secret job" was an intriguing "what if...?" scenario, but I think the way they worked it through between them was plausible. I especially liked the fact they didn't struggle for endless chapters with the Big Misunderstanding :) but faced things as equal adults.