Customer reviews

How to Draw Princesses and Ballerinas
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 July 2017
Product as described, speedy delivery, very pleased overall.
on 10 April 2017
Absolutely lovely book at a great price. Printed on nice white paper with quite easy to follow instructions and tips. Perfect for my 5 year old daughter but liked by other children too.
on 4 March 2010
I agree with the other reviewer that this is aimed at older kids than many of the other titles in the How to Draw series - my guess would be that this would appeal to 8-10 year old girls. The advantage of pitching at a older age group is that the projects aren't as 'babyish' as some of the others in the series, and so have more chance of holding adult interest. However, despite being well explained, I thought that some did require a modicum of artistic ability, which could be a challenge if you're completely devoid of creativity and/or in a rush and/or can't give your child undivided attention. This book uses a good range of techniques, involving paints, crayons, pencils and chalk/pastel and it's not exclusively aimed at drawing as there are also some collage projects. I particularly like the ballet-themed projects, but could see the appeal of virtually all of the proposed activities.
on 13 February 2009
my kids have about 10 of these books. they are brilliant! if you have arty kids like me ,it gives them ideas that are easy to copy.if they are not very sure of themselves when it comes to art,these book will help as they show you how its done.
on 10 January 2010
My 2 5 year old girl twins like this book but it is a little harder than some of the other Usborne "How to Draw" books.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 November 2012
My 5-year-old daughter made off with this book and the "How To Draw Mermaids and Fairies" book before I had finished unpacking my Amazon package, and all by herself had it on the floor, with her coloured pencils, and was following the step-by-step instructions for drawing a ballet dancer, without any explanation from me. (She is quite bright, though.)

The author reduces drawing figures to a few basic shapes and lines, and has a series of in-progress drawings to show how to do it, which my daughter has no problem following. Some of the ladies depicted are small and cute, and some are tall and graceful in style. The author also suggests using alternative media, like chalks or paints or making paper dolls holding hands, which is giving my daughter a lot of inspiration.

In the center are two sheets of stickers for decorating the finished artworks with.

I shall be buying more in the series!
on 9 October 2011
I am no artist but I was able to draw a very pretty princess with the instructions, pictures etc in this book. I am very impressed with it. My children aged 5, have enjoyed it too.
on 12 December 2015
Lovely book can't draw in the book like I thought but my little girls will have hours of fun drawing
on 26 March 2014
Bought as a birthday present for my granddaughter age 7. I haven't given it to her yet, but 5 stars because this grandma had a great time drawing princesses and making cut out ballerinas before I wrapped it up. If it's too hard for a younger child it would make a great joint activity with an adult
on 29 November 2011
It does what it says on the cover. Teaches how to approach drawing various styles of princesses and ballerinas in a range of different poses. Some useful tips on drawing movement. Can easily transfer the learning to illustrate non-dancing figures.