Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 December 2013
Bought for my 7 year old & she loves it. I love it too. Not university standard but still very good for children and teens needing an intro to many fields including geologic history, life on earth, human history, human cultures, major events and civilizations. Amazon doesn't provide a look inside for this one so I direct you to look for the 2009 edition which does allow look inside. The contents of the book are made up of over 400 pages in 4 main sections. Section 1 is the prehistoric world, section 2 covers ancient history, section 3 covers medieval history & section 4 covers the last 500 years.

If you value a rational education for your children this book can give them some things a school will not. If you are a creationist look away now - this book is really helpful in giving young people an easy introduction to evolution, which every young human should have a chance to explore before they are a teen, something the state ignores for under 14's. The rest of the book is also very useful and contains good artwork for illustrative purposes as well as photos of lots of culturally significant art and sculpture. For me these reasons make this book a gem.
on 12 December 2013
Usborne are perfect for giving your child a taster for things and this book doesn't disappoint. My nine year old can dip in and out of this book depending on his study and he has learned some fascinating facts.
on 20 May 2013
Bought as a gift for my son, this encyclopedia has already been used on two occasions to help with school work. It has just enough information to keep his interest, but not too much to overwhelm. Definitely recommend
on 2 November 2015
I thought that this book was an excellent purchase.l bought it for my 7 year old grandson and I throughly enjoy reading it with him,the illustrations are great.
I read it through before I gave it to him !
on 13 April 2015
Bought this book for my grandson (age 12) which proved to be a definite hit for him. Since he has only been learning about British history this encyclopedia of world history was just the job.
on 5 April 2015
It's ok. I know they can't cover everything, but we've referred to it at least 4/5 times for my Year 4 sons homework, about key historical events. Nothing. Not been as useful as I hoped...
on 12 July 2014
This book was really interesting and I loved the fact its a complete set of knwlowledge that we can gather from this book. I would.like to see more books fromthis author.
on 27 May 2015
Gives pretty good general accounts of famous events in history and very helpful for homework for 12 year olds,
interesting read for adults, too.
on 12 March 2016
Super book and great customer service from Wordery via Amazon
on 19 January 2015
Excellent book - very interesting for all ages.