on 28 August 2012
I recently picked up French again at the age of 25 having not studied it since GCSE (grade A), and have worked my way through a number of resources (may I recommend also Paul Collins French Audio Course which is excellent), and both this book and actually if you are a complete novice, Usborne French for beginners, are two excellent resources to aid your learning. Easy French really helps to put together the different tenses and sentence structure in a clear and easy to follow manner. The book is split into double page spreads of information and then the next spread is a story which uses the new material. The only down side is that there doesn't appear to be an intermediate version using the same idea, the closest thing is probably La Vie Celibataire by Yvonne Bruton which Amazon provide in Kindle form.

I am a teacher (of Mathematics) but I would strongly recommend this book to any parent who wants to encourage their child to continue with their French as they are simply not given enough time at school to do this, you cannot learn a language given 1-2 hours a a week. This book is fun and brings you along in leaps and bounds, and also as with most usborne texts they have internet links provided as of course you must listen to the language as well, most of the links seem to find their way back to the BBC and are short clips in french, but they are still good given that they are free.

A really excellent must buy, get it for your children and don't allow them to lose the fantastic opportunity they have to learn a langauge.
on 23 June 2013
Just a little addendum to the many other excellent reviews on this publication. I so enjoyed reading this book and learning new vocabulary along the way and was astonished to hear some of the new words I was learning, when listening to my French friends or when reading other French publications!! So the vocabulary is very, very well thought out and introduced in a way that leaves a visual impression on your mind which is a great aid to learning. I also found the translation of each Chapter (end of the book) invaluable. I typed out or wrote out the English and then closed the book and tried to type/write the French myself. Yep, I made a few mistakes along the way! But I found this a great aid when it came to remembering how to SPELL the French I was learning. When I didn't have much time, I just covered the French, read the English translation and spoke the French aloud as a means of testing my understanding and recollection. A great way to learn! I can't recommend this book highly enough. A great asset for anyone learning French and at such a bargain price!
on 20 July 2012
This is an excellent introduction to French. It progressively introduces new text and grammar followed by an ongoing story which uses to good effect what you have just learnt. I spent 5 years at school learning French and quite frankly I got further in the couple of weeks reading this book. This book should be a standard text at schools as it is clearly written and the step by step approach interspersed with a fun story to follow is a great way of making you want to learn the next stage so you can find out what happens. Whilst the story is just a simple one, by the time you have read it, you realise just how much French you have actually learnt and you know every word in the text and why it is there. Thoroughly recommend.
on 11 June 2012
I bought this book to help my teenage granddaughter with her french. But this amazing little book has got me hooked on learning french myself. As a complete beginner I have since purchased Usbourne's French for beginners with CD to help with pronunciation as Easy French does not cover this. What it does for me is to keep the interest going. After just 2 weeks I already understand more about french grammar and recognise some common words and phrases. If I give up now I'll never know how the story ends so must get back to it.
Well written, interesting, aimed at the teenage market but suitable for adults. Love it.
on 22 January 2013
This book is beautiful and really simple to use. It would make a really nice present for a child about 11 or 12 years. The only reason I have given it one less star is because it would be amazing if it had a audio tape with it. It does give you some websites that you can use, however these websites did not work on my computer. I think if you were taking french lessons this book would be perfect as a reference back up. Design wise it really is lovely.
on 18 November 2016
These are good books for beginners bought for my daughter 12 who has used the German one in the past and its really helping her.
on 20 February 2015
it's a grown up french book, it's a good one for someone with a low french level .
I'm a french speaking, bought for my 3 years old daughter, so I was disappointed as I wasn't what I expected, so not recommended for children.
on 7 August 2016
We have bought this for an upcoming trip to France; my husband has been reading this book, and said that it's a good.
on 9 October 2015
An excellent book, easy to follow with little tips to help you remember some of the many nuances of the French language.
A good buy if you are learning the French language.
on 28 July 2012
The story is very child like but gives one a chance to practice and feel more confident about their reading. The explanation of how the langue works and the rules are explained very simple compared to other French learning books. Even though I knew about verbs, adjective etc I found there was addition information I was not aware of and suddenly many things in French grammar became clear to me.