on 19 March 2015
I am happy with my purchase and the service provided.
VINE VOICEon 30 November 2007
this book has plenty of ideas which you can use at the basic level with your children or take a step further either by using different fabrics or creating a more professional finish. The projects inside range from cards decorated with xmas trees, hanging stars , pretty little gift bags made from fabric, dangling santas and xmas trees, fabric holly wreaths and snowmen and penguins using felt. christmas stockings. Angels and a fun reindeer collage. There is a section on various stitches. This is a good choice if you are just getting started on making things or are keen to help a child. good value for money considering how expensive craft magazines can be.
on 28 October 2012
I bought this to make stuff with and for the grandchildren. I am having a brilliant time with the projects. There are none that I cannot manage without a fair attempt at success!! I am not the world's best stitching person but these are so easy to do and I get a real kick out of attempting and succeeding the projects. All the bits and pieces to make them are easily obtainable at either hobbyshops or local haberdasheries so congrats on a brilliant book. Pam Gittins
on 17 October 2013
Book contains simple yet attractive projects. Suitable for children and adults. Was disappointed though that there were no templates/patterns included.
on 24 November 2009
This book is a treasure trove of simple, easy and colourful things to sew for Christmas. The emphasis is on decorations but projects include hand sewn Christmas cards, gift bags, gift tags and a collage. Very clear instructions suitable for children. The projects even recommend you glue some of the pieces together for a quick effective design. There's also a great introduction to various stitches at the back. All you need is cotton fabric, felt, glue, scissors, buttons and thread to get creating. Can't wait to get started on these designs myself.
on 10 August 2013
The plus of this book is that most of the things are easy to make and quite quickly. However I was very disappointed by the limitation of ideas. Mostly it's very straightforward ideas such as Christmas tree, snowman, I think you don't need a book for it. This book is also very thin.
on 2 August 2010
I bought this to give me some ideas as I wanted to start making Christmas decorations now so that they will be finished in time!! Lots of lovely ideas and so easy to make - I'm looking forward to making things with my children when they are a little older.
on 28 November 2012
It's a pretty basic book but it has some nice, simple designs. Some nice ideas for things which you could adapt further. There are angels, trees, father christmas, gift tags.
on 7 October 2015
It is a real shame about this book and on reflection I wish I had not bought it. I realised it was going to be a basic stitch book before I bought it, however it was even more basic than I had anticipated. I also wanted it for ideas and templates both were severely lacking. I was disappointed there were no templates for each project as my free hand drawing based on a photograph is not great.

I knew it was going to be a basic stitch book but really wanted it for ideas and templates for Christmas sewing projects. It is too basic has n
on 13 August 2012
The book was despatched promptly in very careful packaging. The condition was as good as if not better than described, in very good condition. This slim volume is nicely laid out with lots of ideas and patterns for the keen amateur. Not a huge book but plenty of things to make for Xmas.