on 23 November 2012
I borrowed this book from the library for my little girl who didn't believe me when I told her that our body is made up of bones, because she couldn't see any. This book is well illustrated and has many facts that I have shown her and she understands. This book is full of information that I'm sure she'll be still reading it in years to come. At the moment as she is only three and a half she is having lots of fun lifting the flaps, which this book is full of. Would highly recommend to any parent who wants to teach their child about the body and for all children because not only is it a fun book it is packed full of fascinating facts.
on 20 August 2015
This is a brilliant introduction to the body.
It in simple language and with brilliant, cartoon, pictures explains the basic of biology. Including, Muscles and bones, Senses, Digestion, Circulation, Breathing, the Brain, and some interesting facts along the way.
It keeps small children interested with its vast amount of flaps, including flaps within flaps. Its colourful and the layout is great, being mostly pictures with the writing on top. Its pretty robust hardback, with 13 board pages, all bar two with flaps. The flaps vary in size from large to tiny, and are fairly robust although as with all these things will depend on the child using them.
It was brought for a 3 year old, who loves looking at the pictures and exploring all the flaps, especially the hidden ones. And wonderfully she is learning along the way. Very very good. We will be looking out for more of this series.
Just brilliant.
on 8 September 2013
My four year old daughter had the lift the flap body book and was eager for more details and to know more about bones, organs, blood etc. This book is perfect. Oodles of flaps to lift and lots of detail and lovely pictures. I'd highly recommend it for 4 yrs and over.
on 31 January 2016
My 5 year old and I have really enjoyed dipping in to this book. He will pick it up every now and then and open a page. Each double page spread looks at a different function of the body. There are lots of little doors within doors within doors to open with interesting bite-sized snippets of information behind them - I think I found them just as interesting as my little one did. The illustrations are fun and informative and the book is a great way to learn quite a bit about how the body works. No need to work through the whole thing if they are not interested as there is a lot of information to take in (not too much, I should add, but it is certainly so simplistic that you whizz through it and put it aside after a couple of uses), but it is presented in such a way that children hardly realise they are learning. Really well -designed and perfect for children aged, I would say, between 4 and 7/8, obviously depending on the interest of the child in question.
on 31 May 2016
My two year old loves this. A couple of weeks ago she started noticing that the food she ate went into her mouth and "down her neck" so I told her it went into her tummy. Then she started stating as a fact that the food went from her tummy down her legs and into her feet (?? but of course, toddler logic!) so I got her this book to help explain the digestive, ahem, order.... She loves it. The flaps under flaps are a great hit. The pictures are engaging enough for her to hold her attention whilst I do other things (like being the laundry fairy). Whilst she can't read the words, she does loves it when I sit down and read it with her, but I am not allowed to touch the book flaps...
on 18 June 2015
My son (4) had this book from the library, and it was so good and held his interest that we ordered our own copy. It has just the right amount of detail without being too graphic. The digestive system page always gets a laugh! Very informative about the human body and lots of flaps for little ones to assist with. Helps kids to start to understand how the body works.
on 1 March 2013
My son is 4 years old and since he wants to be a doctor he has been asking for the human body for quite a while now. So we decided to get him this book to explain to him basic things. He is impressed! He says this book is perfect! And of course, his favourite part is the poo part. Kids!
on 11 February 2015
it is a nice book but I think I just bought it for too young child. My 4 year old is interested to know everything about everything and this book keeps him busy but as he cannot read I have to sit with him explaining what it is all about. Makes a good interesting afternoons and as he will get older maybe then book will be more usable
on 17 July 2013
Bit disappointing, quite informative but after a quick flick through, my 6 year old lost interest and hasn't asked any more questions about how our bodies work since. Too many flaps and too much information squeezed in, just doesn't quite hit the mark in any respect. Would have been better focusing on a few core principles and making each page a lot less 'busy'. Disappointing for Usborne.
on 22 November 2015
I bought this for my three year old to help out when he was asking questions about his body. He loves it although some of it is too complicated for him. The flaps are pretty sturdy and he hasn't ripped any (yet).