Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 February 2010
Frankly this book was a bit of a disappointment, and probably the weakest of this wonderful series. The ideas seem to be a bit jaded and several of the activities seemed rather too similar - many of the activities would probably appeal more to (tom)boys than girly girls. The title is also misleading, as many of the Things to Make And Do series involve activities that can be carried out with recycled material (for example, the excellent Paper book, which has helped us plough through piles of giftwrap that was either too small or too tatty to be used for wrapping presents any more). Still, if I weren't comparing it to the unreasonably high standard of the rest of the series, I'd probably think that it was pretty good!
on 29 November 2012
This little book is great for making something for nothing, excellent if like me you don't have a vast amount of dosh to spend in hobby shops. So many things you can make by raiding your recycling bin or grabbing stuff just before it goes in the bin even if you are not sure what you are going to do with it is amazing how much stuff 'could come in handy for something' I was always a hoarder and sadly this book has made me worse but I don't care I loved it and it will be great for the grandchildren when they are a little older. Excellent value for money too!
on 29 January 2013
Bought this for my nieces as they like crafty things to do and its just using things round the house and so doesnt cost. The have enjoyed using this when stuck inside with all the bad weather. I would recommend this (so would my sis as it kept them occupied for hours). Thumbs up all round from us.
on 18 January 2015
I was really disappointed with this book. Thought it would be full of nice things to make out of rubbish ie plastic bottles etc but no it was full of lovely things made out of brand new arts and crafts materials. Not really recycling.

I even thought about sending it back but the first page of real recycled items saved it.
on 8 February 2010
As a person who greatly cares for the environment and enjoys crafts, this book was worth buying because I think it's a good idea to turn materials that can be recycled into creative projects.

I have already made a tube person and a castle desk tidy (I added my own style to each) and they turned out quite well. I might even try to make a mobile or a robot collage next.

Because this book has 32 pages, I find it a bit brief but it was good value for money and it helps the environment. 4/5.
on 18 March 2013
All of those little things you hang onto because you know they'll be 'useful' at some point; this book has a use for them all! I've had some great lessons at school seeing what we could do with what the kids regarded as junk. Very easy to follow
on 20 May 2010
i thought it wud b a little more creative. its mainly making things out of old paper...well as a teacher i didn't really need a book to show me that. on the other hand, ther are some good ideas that the children will enjoy making.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2016
Bought for my daughter. Was a little disappointed as thought it would be for plastic bottle etc as well as paper and card.
Not all creations have step by step instructions.
on 11 December 2013
A highly recommended book for children from about 5 upwards, with adult supervision. Plenty of things to make from the recycling box to keep kids amused for hours.
on 22 September 2014
Bought for my newly qualified teacher daughter to give her some ideas for her art classes with 5 year old children. Really good ideas and easy to make projects.